Mumbai South Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Maharashtra and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 29.
Mumbai South registered 51.46 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.02
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1553925 while the total voter turnout is 799612. While in 2014, the constituency registered 52.48 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1485356 while the total voter's turnout was 779502.
Arvind Ganpat Sawant of Shivsena, Gautam Sureshkumar Mistrilal of Bahujan Samaj Party and Deora Milind Murli of Indian National Congress are few prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Mumbai South Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.
Votings for Lok Sabha election happened in 4 phases in Maharashtra – April 11, April 18, April 23 and April 29 and the counting will be held on May 23.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mumbai South Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||ARVIND GANPAT SAWANT||Shivsena|
|2||Gautam Sureshkumar Mistrilal||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||DEORA MILIND MURLI||Indian National Congress|
|4||Dr. Anil Kumar||Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi|
|5||ABBAS . F. CHHATRIWALA||Jan Adhikar Party|
|6||IRFAN SHAIKH||Ambedkarite Party of India|
|7||Adv. Ramchandra N. Kachave||Kranti Kari Jai Hind Sena|
|8||Shehbaj Rathod||Jai Maha Bharath Party|
|9||Adv. Sahil L . Shah||Bhartiya Manavadhikaar Federal Party|
|10||Hamir kalidas Vinjuda||Bahujan Republican Socialist Party|
|11||Rajesh .B. Dayal||Independent|
Mumbai South constituency covers six assembly segments – Worli, Shivadi, Byculla, Malabar Hill, Mumbadev and Colaba.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Arvind Ganpat Sawant of the Shiv Sena– won with a huge margin of over 1.28 lakh votes. He had defeated Milind Murli Deora of the Indian National Congress (INC). While Sawant had secured 374609 votes Deora got 246045 votes.