Mysore Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in the Southern state of Karnataka and will cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 18. The result will be out on May 23.
Mysore registered 70.20 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.28 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1665511 while 1169263 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 71.48 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1476913 while 1055741 voted.
Dr B Chandra (Chandregowda) of Bahujan Samaj Party, Ayub Khan of Indian New Congress Party, Prathap Simha of Bharatiya Janata Party and CH Vijayashankar of Indian National Congress are some of the prominent candidates who contested in general elections 2019 from Mysore Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.
Here is the full list of candidates from Mysore Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka:
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||DR. B. CHANDRA (CHANDREGOWDA)||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||AYUB KHAN||Indian New Congress Party|
|3||PRATHAP SIMHA||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|4||C.H.VIJAYASHANKAR||Indian National Congress|
|5||SANDHYA.P.S.||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|6||ASHARANI.V.||Uttama Prajaakeeya Party|
|7||P.K. BIDDAPPA||Karnataka Praja Party (RaithaParva)|
|8||ANAND KUMAR. M||Independent|
|11||NINGAPPA. B. D.||Independent|
|13||M. J SURESHGOWDA||Independent|
|16||RAJU S/O LATE CHALUVASHETTY||Independent|
|19||VENKATESHA D NAYAKA||Independent|
Mysore Lok Sabha constituency covers eight assembly segments – Madikeri, Virajpet, Piriyapatna, Hunsur, Chamundeshwari, Krishnaraja, Chamaraja and Narasimharaja.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Pratap Simha belonging to Bharatiya Janata Party had defeated Adagur H. Vishwanath of the Indian National Congress. In the year 2009, Adagur H. Vishwanath of INC– won by defeating C. H. Vijayashankar of the Bharatiya Janata Party.