close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Nellore Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Nellore Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh.

Nellore Lok Sabha constituency of Andhra Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Nellore is one of 25 Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh which is located in the Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore district of the state. 

Nellore registered 76.14 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 5.25 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1672306 while 1273297 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 81.39 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1367754 while 1113166 voted.

Andhra Pradesh constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 Adala Prabhakara Reddy Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party
2 Chandra Rajagopal Communist Party of India (Marxist)
3 Chevuru Devakumar Reddy Indian National Congress
4 Beeda Masthan Rao Telugu Desam
5 Sannapureddy Suresh Reddy Bharatiya Janata Party
6 Chinni Venkateswarlu Pyramid Party of India
7 Shaik Mahaboob Basha (Mabu) Republican Party of India (A)
8 Kankanala Penchala Naidu Independent
9 Narasapuram Prasad Independent
10 Butti Nagaraju Independent
11 Meda Malla Reddy Independent
12 Sukapalli Naveen Independent
13 Dr. S. Suresh Babu Independent

The constituency was a Congress powerhouse in years gone by although in recent times, the party has been confined to the distant sidelines. Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy, a former member of Congress, led YSRCP to victory in the 2014 Lok Sabha election.

TDP's Adala Prabhakara Reddy finished second in the 2014 Lok Sabha election and the party would now be hoping for a more favourable result.

The polling was done in the first phase on April 11, 2019 and the result will be out on May 23, 2019.