close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

North Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from North Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa. 

North Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

North Goa is one of only two Lok Sabha constituencies in Goa. The other is South Goa and both the constituencies voted in 2019 Lok Sabha election in the third phase - on April 23. The result will be out on May 23.

North Goa registered 76.86 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.78 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 556627 while the total voter turnout is 427797. While in 2014, the constituency registered 78.64 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 515247 while the total voter's turnout was 405190. 

Girish Raya Chodankar of Indian National Congress, Shripad Yesso Naik of Bharatiya Janata Party and Dattatraya Padgaonkar of Aam Aadmi Party are some of the prominent names that will contest the Lok Sabha election 2019 from North Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa.

North Goa constituency covers as many as 20 assembly segments - Mandrem, Pernem, Bicholim, Tivim, Mapusa, Siolim, Saligao, Calangute, Porvorim, Aldona, Panaji, Taleigao, St. Cruz, St. Andre, Cumbarjua, Mayem, Sanquelim, Poriem, Valpoi and Priol.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from North Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa. 

Goa Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 GIRISH RAYA CHODANKAR Indian National Congress
2 SHRIPAD YESSO NAIK Bharatiya Janata Party
3 AMIT ATMARAM KORGAONKAR Republican Party of India (Kamble)
4 DATTATRAYA PADGAONKAR Aam Aadmi Party
5 AISHWARYA ARJUN SALGAONKAR Independent
6 BHAGAWANT SADANAND KAMAT Independent

Also read: North Goa Lok Sabha constituency

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Shripad Yesso Naik rode on the BJP wave to defeat Congress' Ravi S. Naik by over one lakh votes.