close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Rajkot Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Rajkot Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.   

Rajkot Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Rajkot Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Gujarat and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 23. The results would be declared on May 23.

Rajkot registered 63.15 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.44 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1883866 while the total voter turnout is 1189711. While in 2014, the constituency registered 63.59 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1655219 while the total voter's turnout was 1052595.

Kagathara Lalitbhai of Indian National Congress, Kundaria Mohanbhai Kalyanjibhai of Bharatiya Janata Party and Vijay Parmar of Bahujan Samaj Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general election 2019 from Rajkot Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Rajkot constituency covers seven assembly segments –  Tankara, Wankaner, Rajkot Purva, Rajkot West, Rajkot Dakshin, Rajkot Gramya and Jasdan.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Rajkot Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Gujarat Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 KAGATHARA LALITBHAI Indian National Congress
2 KUNDARIA MOHANBHAI KALYANJIBHAI Bharatiya Janata Party
3 VIJAY PARMAR Bahujan Samaj Party
4 AMARDAS B. DESANI Independent
5 CHITRODA NATHALAL (CHITRODA SIR) Independent
6 J. B. CHAUHAN Independent
7 CHAUHAN MANOJBHAI PRAVINBHAI Independent
8 JASPALSINH MAHAVEERSINH TOMAR Independent
9 DENGADA PRAVINBHAI MEGHJIBHAI Independent
10 RAKESH PATEL Independent

Also read: Rajkot Lok Sabha Constituency

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Kundariya Mohanbhai Kalyanjibhai, of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – roared to victory by winning with a margin of over 2.46 lakh votes. He had defeated Kunvarjibhai Mohanbhai Bavaliya of the Indian National Congress (INC). Kalyanjibhai had secured 621524 votes while Kunvarjibhai got 375096 votes.