The Ramanathapuram Parliamentary Constituency is one of the 39 Lok Sabha Constituencies of the southern state of Tamil Nadu.
Ramanathapuram registered 68.08 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.59 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1557910 while the total voter turnout is 1060553. While in 2014, the constituency registered 68.67 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1454678 while the total voter's turnout was 998984.
It was formed before the elections of 1952.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ramanathapuram Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||NAINAR NAGENTHRAN||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2||K. PANCHATCHARAM||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||G. KESAV YADAV||Purvanchal Janta Party (Secular)|
|4||K. NAVASKANI||Indian Union Muslim League|
|5||T. BHUVANESWARI||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
|6||P. LOGANATHAN||Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)|
|7||VIJAYA BASKAR||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|8||ASAN ALI. A||Independent|
|12||V.D.N. ANANDH. B.E.,||Independent|
|17||DEVA SITHAM. I||Independent|
|19||S. MOHAMED ALI JINNAH||Independent|
|22||JAWAHIR ALI. H||Independent|
Anwhar Raajhaa A of the AIADMK is sitting Member of Parliament of the Ramanathapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
In the 2014 polls, Anwhar got 405945 votes and defeated Mohamed Jaleel S of the DMK who bagged 286,621 votes.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, the total number of electors in this constituency was 1,455,891 and the total voter turnout recorded here was 68.76 %.
The polling was done in the second phase on April 18, 2019 and the result will be out on May 23, 2019.