Ranaghat Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency is in Nadia district in West Bengal.
Ranaghat registered 84.18 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.22 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1756445 while the total voter turnout is 1478659. While in 2014, the constituency registered 84.40 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1598601 while the total voter's turnout was 1349151.
Gautam Ray of Bahujan Samaj Party, Jagannath Sarkar of Bharatiya Janata Party, Biswas Rama of Communist Party of India (Marxist), Minati Biswas of Indian National Congress and Rupali Biswas of All India Trinamool Congress are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Ranaghat Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ranaghat Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||GAUTAM RAY||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||JAGANNATH SARKAR||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||BISWAS RAMA||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|4||MINATI BISWAS||Indian National Congress|
|5||RUPALI BISWAS||All India Trinamool Congress|
|6||PARESH HALDAR||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29. The results would be declared on May 23.
Ranaghat Lok Sabha constituency it comprises of seven assembly seats — Nabadwip, Santipur, Ranaghat Uttar Paschim, Krishnaganj (SC), Ranaghat Uttar Purba (SC), Ranaghat Dakshin (SC) and Chakdaha. All seven assembly segments of Ranaghat are in Nadia district.
Trinamool Congress' Sucharu Ranjan Haldar won the seat in 2009 against CPI(M)'s Basudeb Barman. In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Tapas Mandal of Trinamool Congress defeated CPI(M)'s Archana Biswas.