close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Sabarkantha Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Sabarkantha Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.   

Sabarkantha Lok Sabha Constituency of Gujarat: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Sabarkantha Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Gujarat and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 23.

Sabarkantha registered 67.24 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.11 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1797211 while the total voter turnout is 1208427. While in 2014, the constituency registered 67.35 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1612165 while the total voter's turnout was 1085780.

Thakor Rajendrasinh Shivsinh of Indian National Congress, Rathod Dipsinh Shankarsinh of Bharatiya Janata Party and Vinodbhai Jethabhai Mesariya of Bahujan Samaj Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general election 2019 from Sabarkantha Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Voting for Lok Sabha election in Gujarat was held in a single phase and counting will be held on May 23.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Sabarkantha Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.

Gujarat Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 THAKOR RAJENDRASINH SHIVSINH Indian National Congress
2 RATHOD DIPSINH SHANKARSINH Bharatiya Janata Party
3 VINODBHAI JETHABHAI MESARIYA Bahujan Samaj Party
4 KHARADI DHARMENDRASINGH SAMSUBHAI Bhartiya Tribal Party
5 JADEJA INDRAVIJAYSINH KALYANSINH Yuva Jan Jagriti Party
6 NARESHKUMAR RAMESHBHAI PATEL Bharatiya National Janta Dal
7 PATEL JAYANTIBHAI SHAMJIBHAI Hindusthan Nirman Dal
8 MAYURSINH VANRAJSINH ZALA Rashtra Vikas Zumbes Party
9 LAXMISHANKAR MADHUSUDAN JOSHI Jan Satya Path Party
10 VIKRAMBHAI BAHECHARBHAI MAKWANA Garvi Gujarat Party
11 KALABHAI BABABHAI PARMAR Independent
12 ZALA DALPATSINH MOTISINH Independent
13 PATEL KIRITKUMAR BABARBHAI Independent
14 PATEL KESHAVLAL GANGARAMBHAI Independent
15 PATHAN AAIYUBKHAN AJABKHAN Independent
16 RAVAL RAJUBHAI PUNJABHAI Independent
17 LATA BABUBHAI NATHAJI Independent
18 LUHAR HAFIJHUSEN HAJINURMAHMAD Independent
19 SANGHANI MUSTAKBHAI JAMALBHAI Independent
20 SOLANKI MAGANBHAI LAKHABHAI Independent

Also read: Sabarkantha Lok Sabha Constituency

Sabarkantha constituency covers seven assembly segments –  Himatnagar, Idar which is reserved for the members of Scheduled Caste, Khedbrahma which is reserved for the members of Scheduled Tribe, Bhiloda which is reserved for the members of Scheduled Tribe, Modasa, Bayad and Prantij.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Dipsinh Shankarsinh Rathod, of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – won with a margin of over 84 thousand votes. He had defeated Shankersinh Vaghela of the Indian National Congress (INC). Rathod had secured 552205 votes while Vaghela got 467750 votes.