Shirur Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Maharashtra and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 29.
Shirur registered 59.38 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.39
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2173484 while the total voter turnout is 1290575. While in 2014, the constituency registered 59.77 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1820410 while the total voter's turnout was 1088072.
Adhalrao Shivaji Dattatrey of Shivsena, Amol Ramsing Kolhe of Nationalist Congress Party and Kagadi Jamirkhan Afjal of Bahujan Samaj Party are few prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Shirur Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.
Votings for Lok Sabha election happened in 4 phases in Maharashtra – April 11, April 18, April 23 and April 29 and the counting will be held on May 23.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Shirur Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Adhalrao Shivaji Dattatrey||Shivsena|
|2||Amol Ramsing Kolhe||Nationalist Congress Party|
|3||Kagadi Jamirkhan Afjal||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||Ovhal Rahul Raghunath||Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi|
|5||Ghare Mohan Damodar||Baliraja Party|
|6||Nitin Murlidhar Kuchekar||Bharat Prabhat Party|
|7||Shashikant Rajaram Desai||Independent|
|8||Somnath Hiraman Mali||Bahujan Republican Socialist Party|
|9||Sanjay Baba Bansode||Bhartiya Bahujan Kranti Dal|
|10||Sanjay Laxman Padwal||Bhartiya Navjawan Sena (Paksha)|
|11||Shrikant Nivrutti Chabukswar||Bahujan Mukti Party|
|12||Ansari Samshad Anwar||Independent|
|13||Vikas Rajaram Ashtul||Independent|
|14||Gangadhar Nathu Yadav||Independent|
|15||Balasaheb Jaysing Ghadge||Independent|
|16||Chhaya Prabhakar Solanke||Independent|
|17||Bhausaheb Ramchandra Adagale||Independent|
|18||Waheeda Shainur Shaikh||Independent|
|19||Vinod Vasant Chandgude||Independent|
|20||Shahid Farukh Shaikh||Independent|
|21||Shivajirao Uttamrao Pawar||Independent|
|22||Raisa Shakil Shaikh||Bhartiya Kisan Party|
|23||Sonali Chandrashekhar Thorat||Independent|
Shirur constituency came into existence following delimitation in 2008. It covers six assembly segments – Junnar, Ambegaon, Khed Alandi, Shirur, Bhosari and Hadapsar.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Shivajirao Adhalarao Patil of the Shiv Sena – won with a huge margin of over 3 lakh votes. He had defeated Devdatta Nikam of the Nationalist Congress Party. While Patil had secured 643415 votes Nikam got 341601 votes.