close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

South Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from South Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa.

South Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

South Goa is one of only two Lok Sabha constituencies in Goa. The other is North Goa and both constituencies voted in the 2019 Lok Sabha election in the third phase - on April 23. The result will be out on May 23. 

South Goa registered 73.19 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.98 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 579185 while the total voter turnout is 423878. While in 2014, the constituency registered 75.17 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 544706 while the total voter's turnout was 409457.

Cosme Francisco Caitano Sardinha of Indian National Congress, Adv. Narendra Sawaikar of Bharatiya Janata Party, Elvis Gomes of Aam Aadmi Party and Rakhi Amit Naik of Shivsena are some of the prominent names that will contest the Lok Sabha election 2019 from South Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa.

South Goa constituency covers as many as 20 assembly segments - Ponda, Shiroda, Marcaim, Mormugao, Vasco-Da-Gama, Dabolim, Cortalim, Nuvem, Curtorim, Fatorda, Margao, Benaulim, Navelim, Cuncolim, Velim, Quepem, Curchorem, Sanvordem, Sanguem and Canacona.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from South Goa Lok Sabha constituency of Goa.

Goa Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 COSME FRANCISCO CAITANO SARDINHA Indian National Congress
2 ADV. NARENDRA SAWAIKAR Bharatiya Janata Party
3 ELVIS GOMES Aam Aadmi Party
4 RAKHI AMIT NAIK Shivsena
5 DR. KALIDAS PRAKASH VAINGANKAR Independent
6 MAYUR KHANCONKAR Independent

Also read: South Goa Lok Sabha constituency

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election here, Narendra Keshav Sawaikar reclaimed the seat from Congress and defeated Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco by a margin of 32,330 votes.