close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Surguja Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Surguja Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh. 

Surguja Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Surguja is one of 11 Lok Sabha constituencies in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh and cast vote in the third phase of the election this year - on April 23. The result will be out on May 23.

Surguja registered 77.29 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.67 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1653822 while the total voter turnout is 1278321. While in 2014, the constituency registered 77.96 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1522796 while the total voter's turnout was 1187165.

Khel Sai Singh of Indian National Congress, Maya Bhagat of Bahujan Samaj Party, Renuka Singh Saruta of Bharatiya Janata Party and Mohan Singh Tekam of Shivsena are some of the prominent names that will contest the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Surguja Lok Sabha constituency in Chhattisgarh.

Surguja Lok Sabha constituency comprises of eight assembly segments - Premnagar, Bhatgaon, Pratappur (ST), Ramanujganj (ST), Samri (ST), Lundra (ST), Ambikapur and Sitapur.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Surguja Lok Sabha constituency of Chhattisgarh. 

Chhattisgarh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 KHEL SAI SINGH Indian National Congress
2 MAYA BHAGAT Bahujan Samaj Party
3 RENUKA SINGH SARUTA Bharatiya Janata Party
4 ASHA DEVI POYA Gondvana Gantantra Party
5 GUMAN SINGH POYA Ambedkarite Party of India
6 CHANDRADEEP SINGH KORCHO Rashtriya Jansabha Party
7 PAWAN KUMAR NAG Bahujan Mukti Party
8 MOHAN SINGH TEKAM Shivsena
9 RAMNATH CHERWA Shoshit Samaj Dal
10 PALSAY URANV Independent

Also read: Surguja Lok Sabha constituency

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election here, Kamalbhan Singh Marabi of BJP managed to win by a margin of over 1.50 lakh votes.