close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Tenkasi Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tenkasi Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Tenkasi Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Tenkasi Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the southern state of Tamil Nadu. Tenkasi Lok Sabha Constituency number 37 represents the Tirunelveli District. 

Tenkasi registered 70.95 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.65 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1488944 while the total voter turnout is 1056454. While in 2014, the constituency registered 73.60 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1379727 while the total voter's turnout was 1015537.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tenkasi Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 DR.K.KRISHNASAMY All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
2 DHANUSH M KUMAR Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
3 MATHIVANAN.S.S Naam Tamilar Katchi
4 MUNEESWARAN. K Makkal Needhi Maiam
5 RAVI. K Anti Corruption Dynamic Party
6 SIVA JAYAPRAKASH.S Independent
7 SUNDARAM N Independent
8 SUBBIAH. S Independent
9 SURIYA RAGUPATHY. T Independent
10 SELVAKUMAR. M Independent
11 THANGARAJ. C Independent
12 DHANUSKODI P Independent
13 THAMARAI SELVAM. K Independent
14 DEEPAN. M Independent
15 PALANI SAMY.S Independent
16 BARATHARAJ. S Independent
17 PERUMALSAMY. S Independent
18 PONNUSAMY.R Independent
19 PONNUTHAI G Independent
20 PONNUTHAI. S Independent
21 PONNUTHAI. M Independent
22 PONNUTHAI M Independent
23 MUTHU MURUGAN. M Independent
24 MOORTHY. D Independent
25 VAIRAVAN. P Independent

Vasanthi M of the AIADMK is the present Lok Sabha MP of Tenkasi (SC) Parliamentary Constituency.

The electors in the Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 5) cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.

The results of the 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23.