close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Tiruchirappalli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tiruchirappalli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu. 

Tiruchirappalli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

The Tiruchirappalli Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This constituency is composed of six Vidhan Sabha segments of which one is reserved for the SC category. 

Tiruchirappalli registered 68.89 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.21 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1508329 while the total voter turnout is 1039144. While in 2014, the constituency registered 71.10 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1386381 while the total voter's turnout was 985655.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tiruchirappalli Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu. 

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 DR.Elangovan. V Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam
2 Thirunavukkarasar. SU Indian National Congress
3 Balamurugan. S Bahujan Samaj Party
4 Asaithambi. P Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) (Liberation)
5 Anandharaja. V Makkal Needhi Maiam
6 Easudoss. S Indian Christian Front
7 Ganesan. P Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi
8 Nachi. S Desiya Uzhavar Uzhaipalar Kazhagam
9 Vinoth. V Naam Tamilar Katchi
10 Arunachalam. A Independent
11 Ganesh. R Independent
12 Karuppaiah.C Independent
13 Kamaraj. K Independent
14 Karthik. K.M Independent
15 Gopalakrishnan. V Independent
16 Shadhik Batcha. A Independent
17 Sarubala. R. Thondaiman Independent
18 Sundrarajan.P Independent
19 Chellaperumal. Independent
20 Thirunavukarasu. S Independent
21 Durai Benjamin Independent
22 Pushparaj. K Independent
23 Vijayakumar. P Independent
24 Jayaram Metha. S Independent

Kumar P of the AIADMK is the present Lok Sabha MP of Tiruchirappalli Parliamentary Constituency.

The electors in the Tiruchirappalli Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results of the 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23.