close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Tripura West Lok Sabha constituency of Tripura: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tripura West Lok Sabha constituency of Tripura.

Tripura West Lok Sabha constituency of Tripura: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File photo

Tripura West is one of the two Lok Sabha constituencies in Tripura.

Tripura West registered 83.21 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.29 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1347381 while the total voter turnout is 1121138. While in 2014, the constituency registered 85.50 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1246794 while the total voter's turnout was 1066010.

The first phase of voting in the lone constituency of Tripura ended on April 11. The fate of 13 candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.

Tripura West consists of 30 Assembly segments, namely Simna (ST), Mohanpur, Bamutia (SC), Barjala, Khayerpur, Agartala, Ramnagar, Town Bordowali, Banamalipur, Majlishpur, Mandaibazar (ST), Takarjala (ST), Pratapgarh (SC), Badharghat, Kamalasagar, Bishalgarh, Golaghati (ST), Charilam (ST), Boxanagar, Nalchar (SC), Sonamura, Dhanpur, Bagma (ST), Salgarh (SC), Radhakishorepur, Matarbari, Kakraban, Rajnagar (SC), Belonia and Santirbazar (ST).

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tripura West Lok Sabha constituency of Tripura.

1 Pratima Bhoumik Bharatiya Janata Party
2 Brishaketu Debbarma Indigenousn People's Front Of Tripura
3 Maman Khan All India Trinamool Congress
4 Sankar Prasad Datta Communist Party of India (Marxist)
5 Subal Bhowmik Indian National Congress
6 Arun Kumar Bhaumik SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
7 Kabrabam Dhirendra Singha Independent
8 Jayki Murasing Ambedkarite Party of India
9 Prabir Debnath Amra Bangalee
10 Narayan Chandra Dey Independent
11 Pradip Chakraborty Independent
12 Brajalal Debnath Independent
13 Subal Sarkar Independent

In the 2014 election, Communist Party Of India (Marxist) Sankar Prasad Datta had won by a margin of 5,03,486 votes. While Sankar Prasad Datta had secured 671,665 votes, Congress candidate who stood at the second spot bagged just 168,179 votes.

Communist Party Of India (Marxist) had won the seat in the 2009 election too when Khagen Das bagged 5,63,799 votes as against Congress leader Sudip Roy Barman who secured 3,15,250 votes.

Tripura constituencies: All you need to know

In the 2019 election, a total of 13,17,150 electors will decide the fate of 13 contestants for West Tripura constituency. Though there are several candidates in the fray, the main battle is likely to be among four parties Communist Party Of India (Marxist), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Congress and Indigenous People's Front of Tripura.