close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Udupi Chikmagalur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates from Udupi Chikmagalur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka. 

Udupi Chikmagalur Lok Sabha Constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Udupi Chikmagalur Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in the Southern state of Karnataka. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23.

Udupi Chikmagalur registered 54.66 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.81 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2848607 while 1556997 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 56.47 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 2400148 while 1355402 voted.

P Parameshwara of Bahujan Samaj Party, Pramod Madhwaraj of Janata Dal (Secular), Shobha Karandlaje of Bharatiya Janata Party and P Goutham Prabhu of Shivsena are some of the prominent names who contested the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Udupi Chikmagalur Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.

Here is the full list of candidates from Udupi Chikmagalu Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka:

Karnataka Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 P. PARAMESHWARA Bahujan Samaj Party
2 PRAMOD MADHWARAJ Janata Dal (Secular)
3 SHOBHA KARANDLAJE Bharatiya Janata Party
4 P. GOUTHAM PRABHU Shivsena
5 MAGGALAMAKKI GANESH Independent
6 M.K DAYANANDA Proutist Sarva Samaj
7 COMRADE VIJAYKUMAR Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
8 SHEKAR HAVANJE Republican Party of India (Karnataka)
9 SURESH KUNDER Uttama Prajaakeeya Party
10 ABDUL RAHMAN Independent
11 AMRITH SHENOY P Independent
12 K.C. PRAKASH Independent

Also read: Udupi Chikmagalur Lok Sabha Constituency

This constituency was created as part of delimitation in 2008. Udupi Chikmagalur Lok Sabha constituency covers eight assembly segments – Chikmagalur, Kapu, Karkal, Kundapura, Mudigere (SC), Sringeri, Tarikere and Udupi.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Shobha Karandlaje belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party had defeated K. Jayaprakash Hegde of the Indian National Congress. In the year 2009, D. V. Sadananda Gowda of the BJP– won by defeating K. Jayaprakash Hegde of the INC.