Ujiarpur Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 40 Lok Sabha constituencies in the eastern state of Bihar and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 29.
Ujiarpur registered 60.04 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.17
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1609485 while the total voter turnout is 966360. While in 2014, the constituency registered 60.21 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1425881 while the total voter's turnout was 858573.
Ajay Kumar of Communist Party of India (Marxist), Navin Kumar of Bahujan Samaj Party and Nityanand Rai of Bharatiya Janata Party are some of the prominent names that will contest the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Ujiarpur Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar.
Voting for Lok Sabha election in Bihar was held in all the seven phases and counting will be held on May 23.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Ujiarpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Bihar.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Ajay Kumar||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|2||Upendra Kushwaha||Rashtriya Lok Samta Party|
|3||Navin Kumar||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||Nityanand Rai||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|5||Dr. Ajay Singh Almust||Rashtriya Samta Party (Secular)|
|6||Amrendra Kumar Yadav||Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)|
|7||A M Izharul Haque||Sathi Aur Aapka Faisala Party|
|8||Kumar Gaurav||Jai Prakash Janata Dal|
|9||Jay Narayan Sah||Bajjikanchal Vikas Party|
|10||Manoj Kumar||Janta Raj Vikas Party|
|11||Raj Kumar Chauhan||Bihar Lok Nirman Dal|
|12||Lalan Kumar Roy||Baliraja Party|
|13||Allamaa Shiblee Nomanee Halami||Independent|
|18||Sudhir Kumar Ray||Independent|
Ujiarpur constituency covers six assembly segments – Patepur, Ujiarpur, Morwa, Sarairanjan, Mohiuddinnagar and Bibhutipur. This constituency came into existence following delimitation in 2008.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Nityanand Rai of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – won by getting a margin of over 60 thousand votes. He had defeated Alok Kumar Mehta of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD). Rai had secured 317352 votes while Mehta got 256883 votes.