Bhopal: The Congress on Wednesday won bypolls to Mungaoli and Kolaras seats in Madhya Pradesh.
Congress candidate Brijendra Singh Yadav won in Mungaoli by defeating BJP rival Bhai Sahab Deshraj Singh Yadav by 2,124 votes. In Kolaras, Congress party's Mahendra Singh Yadav defeated BJP's Devendra Kumar Jain by 8,083 votes.
Counting of votes began at 8 am on Wednesday in Kolaras in Shivpuri district and Mungaoli in Ashok Nagar.
- Congress wins Kolaras. Congress party's Mahendra Singh Yadav defeats BJP's Devendra Kumar Jain by 8,083 votes. The Congress polls 82,515 votes and the BJP 74,432 votes.
- Congress' Bijendra Singh Yadav wins Mungaoli seat by 2124 votes. He has got 70808 votes, while BJP candidate Sahab Yadav has got 68684 votes.
- Congress' Bijendra Singh Yadav wins Mungaoli seat by defeating BJP candidate Sahab Yadav by more than two thousand votes.
- Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Yadav ahead of 4300 votes in Kolaras.
- Congress' Bijendra Singh Yadav takes an edge in the 18th round of Mungaoli counting. After lagging behind, in the 17th round, he had left BJP's Sahab Yadav behind.
- After 13 rounds in Kolaras, Congress candidates are ahead with about 4,000 votes. There is a total of 23 rounds of counting.
- BJP leads again in 15th round of vote count. Overall, Congress is leading with 2501 votes in Mungaoli.
- BJP leads in 13th and 14th round of the vote count. Congress is leading with 3222 votes in Mungaoli.
- In Mungaoli, Congress ahead by 859 votes against BJP in round 10 of the vote count. In total, the party is racing ahead by 4251 votes.
- Congress is leading by 2197 votes in Mungaoli.
- After round 5, Congress takes lead in Mungaoli, races ahead by 671 votes against BJP.
- After round 4, BJP's Bai Sahab takes lead against Congress contender Brijendra Singh Yadav.
- Third round of vote count ends in Mungaoli. As per the trends, Congress candidate Brijendra Singh Yadav is leading against BJP’s Baisahab Yadav by 1,381 votes.
- The Madhya Pradesh budget will be presented by state Finance Minister Jayant Mallaiya.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan to present the state Budget today.
- After second round of vote count in Mungaoli, Congress’s Brijendra Singh Yadav has gained a lead against the BJP candidate by 174 votes.
- Congress’s Brijendra Singh surges ahead by 31 votes.
- Congress turns tables, takes lead against the BJP in Mungaoli. The Congress candidate Brijendra Singh Yadav has taken lead against BJP contender Baisahab Yadav in Mungaoli by 21 votes.
- After second round of vote count in Mungaoli, the BJP candidate has maintained his lead. Bai Sahab Yadav is leading against Congress’s Brijendra Singh Yadav by over 300 votes.
- The counting of postal ballots has concluded in Mungaoli. Heavy security has been deployed in the region.
- The counting of postal ballots is underway in Mungaoli.
- The counting of votes for Mungaoli Bye-Election 2018 has begun.