New Delhi: Ending all speculations over the name of next Delhi Police chief, Alok Kumar Verma has been confirmed for the top post.
Alok Kumar Verma will be next police commissioner of Delhi. Here are few things to know about him:-
- He is a senior IPS officer from 1979-batch
- Currently, he is Director General (Prisons) in Delhi
- Verma will be Delhi Police chief for 17 months until his retirement
- Verma is the IPS officer of Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre
- Verma is expected to take charge on March 1
Current Delhi Police Commissioner Bhim Sain Bassi is due to retire this month-end.