Housing sales News
Housing sales stood at 1,38,350 units in 2020 and 2,61,358 units in the 2019 calendar year. Housing sales in Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) rose 72 per cent to 76,400 units in 2021 from 44,320 units in the previous year. Delhi-NCR witnessed 73 per cent rise in sales to 40,050 units in 2021 from 23,210 units in 2020.
Godrej Properties probably set the trend by offering 10:90 scheme in its ongoing projects where a prospective buyer needs to pay 10% initially and the rest 90% on possession This scheme helped the company a lot in achieving over Rs 1,500 crore of sales bookings despite the pandemic Bengaluru-based Embassy Group is also offering a 10:90 scheme (pay 10% now and 90% on possession) as well as assured rent in some of its residential projects