Cuddalore Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies of Tamil Nadu. It was formed in the year 1952.
Cuddalore registered 76.13 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.56 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1363650 while the total voter turnout is 1038112. While in 2014, the constituency registered 78.69 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1247644 while the total voter's turnout was 981742.
TRVS Ramesh of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, C Jeyaprakash of Bahujan Samaj Party and V Annamalai of Makkal Needhi Maiam are a few prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from the Cuddalore Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
The Cuddalore Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 26) covers six Vidhan Sabha segments of which one is for the SC category.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Cuddalore Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||T. R. V .S. RAMESH||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|2||C. JEYAPRAKASH||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||V. ANNAMALAI||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|4||KUPPUSAMY||Anti Corruption Dynamic Party|
|5||Dr. R. GOVINDASAMY||Pattali Makkal Katchi|
|6||R. CHITHRA||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
|7||CHELLADURAI||Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi|
|8||M PAVADAI RAJA||Agila India Makkal Kazhagam|
|9||A. MANIKANDAN||Purvanchal Janta Party (Secular)|
|10||M. RAGHUNATHAN||Ilantamilar Munnani Kazhagam|
|15||D. SENTHAMARAI KANNAN||Independent|
|21||K. HEMANTH KUMAR||Independent|
The electors in the Cuddalore Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.
The results would be declared on May 23.
A Arunmozhithevan of the AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Arunmozhithevan secured 481429 votes and defeated K Nandagopalakrishnan of the DMK who secured 278304 votes.