Junagadh Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Gujarat and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 23. The results would be declared on May 23.
Junagadh registered 60.74 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.42 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1641528 while the total voter turnout is 996986. While in 2014, the constituency registered 63.16 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1484611 while the total voter's turnout was 937667.
Chudasama Rajeshbhai Naranbhai of Bharatiya Janata Party, Deven Govindbhai Vanvi of Bahujan Samaj Party and Vansh Punjabhai Bhimabhai of Indian National Congress are a few prominent candidates contesting for general election 2019 from Junagadh Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.
Junagadh constituency covers seven assembly segments – Junagadh, Visavadar, Mangrol, Somnath, Talala, Kodinar which is reserved for members of Scheduled Castes and Una.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Junagadh Lok Sabha constituency of Gujarat.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||CHUDASAMA RAJESHBHAI NARANBHAI||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|2||DEVEN GOVINDBHAI VANVI||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||VANSH PUNJABHAI BHIMABHAI||Indian National Congress|
|4||BHUT ASHOKBHAI BHIMJIBHAI||Rashtriya Samajwadi Party (Secular)|
|5||RATHOD NATHABHAI VASHARAMBHAI||Vyavastha Parivartan Party|
|6||KARIA DHIRENBHAI AMRUTLAL||Independent|
|7||ZALA MUKESHBHAI BHARAMALBHAI||Independent|
|8||PANCHABHAI BHAYABHAI DAMANIYA||Independent|
|9||PRADIPBHAI MAVJIBHAI TANK||Independent|
|10||MAKWANA DHARMENDRA VAJUBHAI||Independent|
|11||VALA JAYPALSINH HAJABHAI||Independent|
|12||HARESH MANUBHAI SARDHARA||Independent|
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Rajeshbhai Chudasama, of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – won with a huge margin of over 1.35 lakh votes. He had defeated Punjabhai Vansh of the Indian National Congress (INC). Chudasama had secured 513179 votes while Vansh Madam got 377347 votes.