Kannauj Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies of Uttar Pradesh. The parliamentary constituency of Kannauj came into existence in the year 1967.
Kannauj registered 60.81 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 0.83
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1870347 while the total voter turnout is 1137426. While in 2014, the constituency registered 61.64 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1806168 while the total voter's turnout was 1113385.
Dimple Yadav of Samajwadi Party, Subrat Pathak of Bharatiya Janata Party and Anand Vikram Singh of Shivsena are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Kannauj Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kannauj Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||DIMPLE YADAV||Samajwadi Party|
|2||SUBRAT PATHAK||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||ANAND VIKRAM SINGH||Shivsena|
|4||RAMA DEVI||Bhartiya Vanchitsamaj Party|
|5||SATYA RAM||Rashtriya Kranti Party|
|6||SUBHASH CHANDRA DOHRE||All India Forward Bloc|
|7||SANJEEV KUMAR||Rashtriya Samaj Paksha|
The Assembly Constituencies that fall in Kannauj parliamentary constituency are - Chhibramau, Tirwa, Kannauj (SC), Bidhuna and Rasulabad (SC).
The voting in this parliamentary constituency took place in the fourth phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls on April 29. The results will be declared on May 23.
Dimple Yadav of the SP had won from this constituency in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Dimple Yadav bagged 489164 votes and decimated BJP candidate Subrat Pathak who got 469257.