close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Karur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Karur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Karur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Karur Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 Lok Sabha constituencies of Tamil Nadu. Karur Lok Sabha constituency is composed of the six assembly segments that include Aravakurichi, Karur, Krishnarayapuram (SC), Manapparai, Vedasanthur, Viralimalai.

Karur registered 79.21 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.25 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1386636 while the total voter turnout is 1098363. While in 2014, the constituency registered 80.46 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1297341 while the total voter's turnout was 1043857.

Aadhi Krishnan P of Bahujan Samaj Party, Thambidurai M of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and Jothimani S of Indian National Congress are few prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Karur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

The number of this constituency is 23 in the southern state and it is not reserved for any category, which means this constituency falls into the General Category.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Karur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 AadhiKrishnan P Bahujan Samaj Party
2 Thambidurai M All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
3 Jothimani S Indian National Congress
4 Karuppaiya R Naam Tamilar Katchi
5 Noyyal Ramasamy M Tamil Nadu Ilangyar Katchi
6 Manoharan M Anaithu Makkal Puratchi Katchi
7 Ramamoorthy R Ulzaipali Makkal Katchy
8 Joseph M A Desiya Makkal Sakthi Katchi
9 Jothikumar J Desiya Uzhavar Uzhaipalar Kazhagam
10 Hariharan Dr R Makkal Needhi Maiam
11 Anbazhagan T Independent
12 Anbukani S Independent
13 Ulaganathan T Independent
14 Ebeneezer S Independent
15 Kanagaraj R T Independent
16 Karthi P Independent
17 Karthikeyan B K Independent
18 Karthikeyan M Independent
19 Sathishkumar S Independent
20 Saraswathi K Indian New Congress Party
21 Sivakumar V Independent
22 Selvaraj K Independent
23 Thangavel P S N Independent
24 Dasaprakash K Independent
25 Nagajothi M Independent
26 Palanivel P Independent
27 Babu G Independent
28 Pitchaimuthu T Independent
29 Prakash N Independent
30 Prabakaran T Independent
31 Pushpahenry raj S Independent
32 Mahamuni A Independent
33 Magudeeswaran K Independent
34 Muthu K R P Independent
35 Muthukumar G Independent
36 Ravi S P Independent
37 Ramachandran M Independent
38 Rajalingam M Independent
39 Rajesh Kannan K Independent
40 Varadan M Independent
41 Vigneshwaran P Independent
42 Vinothkumar N Independent

Also read: Karur Lok Sabha Constituency

The electors in the Karur Lok Sabha Constituency in Tamil Nadu cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results would be declared on May 23.

Dr M Thambi Durai of the AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Thambi Durai of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) had won the Karur seat by defeating DMK candidate Chinnasamy.