close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Kolhapur Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kolhapur Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.

Kolhapur  Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates
representational image

Kolhapur Parliamentary Constituency is one of the 48 constituencies of Maharashtra. Kolhapur Lok Sabha Constituency consists of six Vidhan Sabha segments.

Kolhapur registered 70.70 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.35 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1874345 while the total voter turnout is 1325231. While in 2014, the constituency registered 72.05 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1747421 while the total voter's turnout was 1258956.

The election here will be conducted on April 23, 2019, as per the Phase III schedule announced by the ECI.

Sanjay Sadashivrao Mandlik, Dhananjay Mahadik, Dundappa Kundappa Shrikant Sir, Dr Aruna Mohan Mali are among the top candidates contesting from this constituency.  

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kolhapur Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.

Maharashtra Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

1 Dundappa Kundappa Shrikant Sir Bahujan Samaj Party
2 Dhananjay Mahadik Nationalist Congress Party
3 Sanjay Sadashivrao Mandlik Shivsena
4 Dr. Aruna Mohan Mali Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi
5 Kisan Keraba Katkar Baliraja Party
6 Dayanand Maruti Kamble Bahujan Republican Socialist Party
7 Nagratna Siddharth Bahujan Mukti Party
8 Paresh Dattatray Bhosale Independent
9 Bajirao Sadashiv Naik Independent
10 Mane Arvind Bhiva Independent
11 Mulla Mushtak Ajij Independent
12 Yuvraj Bhimrao Desai Independent
13 Rajendra Balaso Koli (Galatage) Independent
14 Sandeep Gundopant Sankpal Independent
15 Sandeep Bhairavnath Kogale Independent

Also read: Kolhapur Lok Sabha Constituency

Dhananjay Bhimrao Mahadik is the incumbent MP from this constituency.

In Maharashtra, the main electoral contest is between the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance and the Congress-NCP alliance.

Maharashtra is the second largest state in the country in terms of Lok Sabha seats. Uttar Pradesh has 80 seats and Maharashtra 48. So, it is important for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as well as the Opposition to win more and more seats in the state.

As per the seat-sharing formula, the BJP and its ally Shiv Sena are contesting on 25 and 23 seats respectively of the total 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in Maharashtra.

After several months of deliberations, Congress and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) have formed an alliance in Maharashtra for the general elections 2019. As per the deal, Congress will contest on 26 seats, whereas the NCP will contest on 22 seats. The two senior partners will part with two seats each for their smaller allies.

Some key smaller parties like Swabhimani Shetkari Sangathana, Bahujan Vikash Aghadi, Peasant and Workers Party, factions of Republican group leaders, like Jogendra Kawade and RG Gavai, independent leader Ravi Rana have also joined hands with the opposition ranks.

In 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the alliance of the BJP, Shiv Sena and Swabhiman Paksha together registered a victory on 42 seats in Maharashtra. The Congress bagged twos eats, while the NCP four.

Lok Sabha elections took place in seven phases across the state – on April 11, April 18, April 23, April 29, May 6, May 12 and May 19.

The results would be declared on May 23.