close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Mandya Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates from Mandya Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka. 

Mandya Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Mandya constituency is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in the Southern state of Karnataka. Voting here for the 2019 Lok Sabha election took place on April 18. The result will be out on May 23. 

Mandya registered 14.08 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 11.62 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1293957 while 182190 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 25.70 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1204958 while 309696 voted.

Nikhil Kumaraswamy of Janata Dal (Secular), Nanjundaswamy of Bahujan Samaj Party, Kowdle Channappa of Janata Dal (United), Gurulingaiah of Indian New Congress Party and Kowdle Channappa of Samajwadi Party are some prominent candidates contesting for the general election 2019 from Mandya Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.

Here is the full list of candidates from Mandya Lok Sabha constituency of Karnataka:

Karnataka Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 NIKHIL KUMARASWAMY Janata Dal (Secular)
2 NANJUNDASWAMY Bahujan Samaj Party
3 KOWDLE CHANNAPPA Janata Dal (United)
4 GURULINGAIAH Indian New Congress Party
5 KOWDLE CHANNAPPA Samajwadi Party
6 D.C. JAYASHANKARA Aihra National Party
7 DIVAKAR.C.P.GOWDA Uttama Prajaakeeya Party
8 SANTHOSH MANDYA GOWDA Engineers Party
9 ARVIND PREMANAND Independent
10 KOWDLE CHANNAPPA Independent
11 T.K. DASAR Independent
12 H.NARAYANA Independent
13 PUTTEGOWDA.N.C. Independent
14 PREMAKUMARA .V.V Independent
15 MANJUNATH B Independent
16 G. MANJUNATH Independent
17 LINGEGOWDA S H Independent
18 C. LINGEGOWDA Independent
19 M.L. SHASHIKUMAR Independent
20 SATHEESH KUMAR .T.N Independent
21 SUMALATHA Independent
22 SUMALATHA AMBAREESH Independent
23 M. SUMALATHA Independent

Also read: Mandya Lok Sabha constituency

Mandya constituency covers eight assembly segments –  Malavalli which is reserved for the members of Scheduled caste, Maddur, Melukote, Mandya, Srirangapatna, Nagamangala, Krishnarajpet and Krishnarajanagara.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, C. S. Puttaraju of the Janata Dal (Secular) had defeated Ramya of the Indian National Congress.