close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Nagpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Nagpur Lok Sabha constituency of Maharashtra.

Nagpur Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Nagpur Lok Sabha Constituency is one of 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Maharashtra. Nagpur constituency covers six assembly segments – Nagpur South West, Nagpur South, Nagpur East, Nagpur Central, Nagpur West and Nagpur North which is also reserved for members of Scheduled Caste.

Nagpur registered 54.74 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 2.31 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2160232 while 1182507 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 57.05 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1899398 while 1083547 voted.

The first phase of voting in seven constituencies of Maharashtra ended on April 11. The fate of seven candidates will be decided on May 23 when counting of votes takes place and the result is declared.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Nagpur Lok Sabha constituency of Maharashtra:

SR no. Candidate name Party Name
1 Adv. Ulhas Shalikaram Dupare Independent
2 Dipak Laxmanrao Maske Independent
3 MANOJ KOTHUJI BAWANE Independent
4 PRABHAKAR KRUSHNAJI SATPAISE Independent
5 ADV. VIJAYA DILIP BAGDE Ambedkarite Party of India
6 RUBEN DOMNIK FRANCIS Independent
7 KARTIK GENDALAL DOKE Independent
8 ADV. (DR.) MANE SURESH Bahujan Republican Socialist Party
9 VANITA JITENDRA RAUT Akhil Bharatiya Manavata Paksha
10 COMRADE YOGESH KRISHNARAO THAKARE Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
11 NITIN JAIRAM GADKARI Bharatiya Janata Party
12 SAHIL BALCHAND TURKAR Bhartiya Manvadhikaar Federal Party
13 GOPALKUMAR GANESHU KASHYAP Chhattisgarh Swabhiman Manch
14 DR. MANISHA BANGAR Peoples Party of India (Democratic)
15 NANA PATOLE Indian National Congress
16 VITTHHAL NANAJI GAIKWAD Hum Bhartiya Party
17 DR. VINOD KASHIRAM BADOLE Akhil Bhartiya Sarvadharma Samaj Party
18 UDAY RAMBHAUJI BORKAR Independent
19 DIKSHITA ANAND TEMBHURNE Desh Janhit Party
20 SUNIL SURYABHAN KAWADE Independent
21 SACHIN JAGORAO PATIL Independent
22 SHRIDHAR NARAYAN SALVE Rashtriya Jansambhavna Party
23 SACHIN HARIDAS SOMKUWAR Independent
24 SATISH VITTHAL NIKHAR Independent
25 ASIM ALI Minorities Democratic Party
26 ALI ASHFAQUE AHMED Bahujan Mukti Party
27 MANOHAR Alias SAGAR PUNDLIKRAO DABRASE Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi
28 MOHAMMAD JAMAL Bahujan Samaj Party
29 PRAFULLA MANIKCHAND BHANGE Independent
30 SIDDHARTH ASARAM KURVE Independent

 

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Nitin Gadkari, of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) – won with a huge margin of almost 2.84 lakh votes. He had defeated Indian National Congress (INC) Vilas Muttemwar.

In the year 2009, Vilas Muttemwar of the INC managed to secure his winning position by getting 24 thousand votes against BJP's Banwarilal Purohit.