close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Sundargarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Sundargarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

Sundargarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Sundargarh Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 21 parliamentary constituencies of Odisha. It is reserved for the ST category. 

Sundargarh registered 71.53 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.13 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1528997 while 1093715 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 71.66 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1409256 while 1009853 voted.

George Tirkey of Indian National Congress, Jual Oram of Bharatiya Janata Party, Sunita Biswal of Biju Janata Dal and Basil Ekka of Aam Aadmi Party are a few noted candidates for general election 2019 from the Sundargarh.

The Sundargarh Lok Sabha Constituency was formed before the 1952 elections and has seven Vidhan Sabha segments of which one is reserved for the SC category and one for the General category. 

Odisha Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 George Tirkey Indian National Congress
2 Jual Oram Bharatiya Janata Party
3 Sunita Biswal Biju Janata Dal
4 Justin Lugun SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)
5 Dayananda Bhitria Hindusthan Nirman Dal
6 Basil Ekka Aam Aadmi Party
7 Udit Chandra Amat Independent
8 Miss Juspin Lakra Independent

Also read: Sundargarh Lok Sabha Constituency

The electors in the Sundargarh Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.

The results would be declared on May 23. 

Jual (Juel Oram) of BJP is the incumbent Member of Parliament from the Sundargarh parliamentary constituency.

In 2014 Lok Sabha election, Jual (Juel Oram) of the BJP was elected from this seat.