close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

  • 542/542 TARGET 272
  • BJP+

    354BJP+

  • CONG+

    90CONG+

  • OTH

    98OTH

Thane Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Thane Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.

Thane Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Thane Lok Sabha Constituency, is one of 48 Lok Sabha constituencies in the western state of Maharashtra and cast its vote in the 2019 election on April 29.

Thane registered 49.25 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.59 per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 2370273 while the total voter turnout is 1167265. While in 2014, the constituency registered 50.84 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 2072667 while the total voter's turnout was 1053774.

Anand Prakash Paranjpe of Nationalist Congress Party, Rajan Baburao Vichare of Shivsena and Rajeshchanna Baijnath Jaiswar of Bahujan Samaj Party are few prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Thane Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.

Votings for Lok Sabha election happened in 4 phases in Maharashtra – April 11, April 18, April 23 and April 29 and the counting will be held on May 23.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Thane Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra.

Maharashtra Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 ANAND PRAKASH PARANJPE Nationalist Congress Party
2 RAJAN BABURAO VICHARE Shivsena
3 RAJESHCHANNA BAIJNATH JAISWAR Bahujan Samaj Party
4 AJAY BABURAM GUPTA Bharat Jan Aadhar Party
5 USMAN MOOSA SHAIKH Bahujan Maha Party
6 OMKAR NATH S. TIWARI Hindusthan Nirman Dal
7 JADHAV PRABHAKAR ANANT Bahujan Republican Socialist Party
8 JAIN SURENDRAKUMAR Naitik Party
9 DILIP PRABHAKAR ALONI (JOSHI) Akhil Bharatiya Jan Sangh
10 BRAMHADEV RAMBAKSHI PANDE Sarvodaya Bharat Party
11 MALLIKARJUN SAIBANNA PUJARI Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi
12 MADHAVILATA DINESHKUMAR MAURYA Jan Adhikar Party
13 RAJESH SIDDHANNA KAMBLE Bahujan Mukti Party
14 SUDHAKAR NARAYAN SHINDE Ambedkarite Party of India
15 SUBHASHCHANDRA RATANDEO JHA Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Party
16 HEMANT KISAN PATIL Sanatan Sanskriti Raksha Dal
17 Dr. AKSHAY ANANT ZODGE Independent
18 OM PRAKASH PAL Independent
19 DIGAMBAR YALAPPA BANSODE Independent
20 POKHARKAR VINOD LAXMAN Independent
21 RAMESH KUMAR THAKURPRASAD SHRIVASTAV Independent
22 VITTHAL NATHA CHAVAN Independent
23 SHUBHANGI VIDYASAGAR CHAVAN Independent

Also read: Thane Lok Sabha Constituency

Thane constituency covers six assembly segments – Mira Bhayandar, Kopri-Pachpakhadi, Ovala-Majiwada, Thane, Airoli and Belapur.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Rajan Baburao Vichare of the Shiv Sena – won with a huge margin of over 2.81 lakh votes. He had defeated Sanjeev Ganesh Naik of the Nationalist Congress Party. While Vichare had secured 595364 votes Naik got 314065 votes.