close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu. 

Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Image

The Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 39 parliamentary constituencies of the southern state of Tamil Nadu.

Tiruppur registered 72.96 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 3.26 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1529836 while the total voter turnout is 1116198. While in 2014, the constituency registered 76.22 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1375318 while the total voter's turnout was 1048204.

Ayyanar C of Bahujan Samaj Party, Anandan MSM of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and Subbarayan K of Communist Party of India are some of the prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Live TV

It was formed after the Presidential notification of the delimitation of parliamentary constituencies of 2008.

The electors in the Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The combined results of the seven-phased 2019 Lok Sabha election will be declared on May 23.

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.

Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 AYYANAR, C. Bahujan Samaj Party
2 ANANDAN, M.S.M. All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
3 SUBBARAYAN, K. Communist Party of India
4 CHANDIRAKUMAR, V.S. Makkal Needhi Maiam
5 JAGANATHAN, P. Naam Tamilar Katchi
6 KATHIRESAN, L. Independent
7 KANAGARAJ, P. Independent
8 KUMAR, D. Independent
9 SENTHILVEL, A. Independent
10 SELVAM, S.R. Independent
11 RAJKUMAR, S. Independent
12 JAGANATHAN, P. Rashtriya Samaj Paksha

Also read: Tiruppur Lok Sabha Constituency

V Sathyabama (AIADMK) is the present Lok Sabha MP of Tiruppur Parliamentary Constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, V Sathyabama of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) had won the seat by defeating N Dineshkumar of the Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam party.