New Delhi: In an important update for all salaried classes, retirement fund body Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has advised that the PF subscribers should file their e-Nomination so as to assure social security to the family of the account holder.
EPFO has recently tweeted, Members should file e-Nomination today to provide Social Security to their families." (Also read --How to change name in PF account after marriage – Step by step process explained here)
Members should file e-Nomination today to provide #SocialSecurity to their families. Follow these easy steps to file EPF/EPS nomination #digitally. #PF #ईपीएफ@byadavbjp @Rameswar_Teli @PMOIndia @PIB_India @PIBHindi @MIB_India @mygovindia @DDNewslive @airnewsalerts @PTI_News pic.twitter.com/rcoTgfAftB
— EPFO (@socialepfo) August 17, 2021
You can follow these easy steps to file EPF/EPS nomination digitally.
- Visit EPFO website
- Go to Services
- For Employees
- Click Member UAN/Online Service
- Now, log in with your UAN and Password
- Select E-Nomination under "Manage Tab"
- Click "Yes" to update family declaration
- Click "Add Family Details". You can add more than one nominee also.
- Click "Nomination Details" to declare total amount of share
- Click "Save EPF Nomination"
- Click esign to generate OTP
- Submit OTP sent to your registered mobile number linked with Aadhdaar
- Your e-Nomination will thus be registered with EPFO
Also note that after e-Nominaton, no further physical document will be required. EPFO has started the facility of e-nomination for its PF subscribers. After this information like name of the nominee, date of birth will be updated online.