New Delhi: In order to make the COVID-19 vaccination process easier, the Centre on Tuesday (August 24, 2021) introduced a new facility to book slots using WhatsApp. Calling it 'a new era of citizen convenience', Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya announced that the COVID-19 vaccine slots can now be easily booked within minutes.
Here's how to book a COVID-19 vaccination slot using WhatsApp:
1. Add +919013151515 to your phone contact list or simply visit http://wa.me/919013151515
2. On WhatsApp, type 'Book Slot' and send to this number.
3. Verify six-digit OTP that you will receive on your phone number.
4. Choose your preferred date, location, pin code and choice of COVID-19 vaccine.
5. Your COVID-19 vaccination slot will be confirmed.
Paving a new era of citizen convenience.
Now, book #COVID19 vaccine slots easily on your phone within minutes.
Send ‘Book Slot’ to MyGovIndia Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp
Follow the steps
Book today: https://t.co/HHgtl990bb
— Mansukh Mandaviya (@mansukhmandviya) August 24, 2021
Now you can book your vaccination slot on WhatsApp!
All you have to do is simply send 'Book Slot' to MyGovIndia Corona Helpdesk, verify OTP and follow these few simple steps.
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) August 24, 2021
Currently, people either had to book their vaccination slots through the CoWIN portal or walk-in registration.
Earlier this month, the Centre had also announced that citizens who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 can get their vaccination certificate through WhatsApp.
Here's how to get COVID-19 vaccination certificate on WhatsApp:
1. Save contact number: +919013151515.
2. Open WhatsApp and type and send 'covid certificate' to this number.
3. Enter OTP.
4. Your COVID-19 vaccination certificate will be displayed on your mobile screen.