New Delhi: Former India cricket captain MS Dhoni and ace cueist Pankaj Advani were among several noted personalities who received the Padma Bhushan from President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday.
Folk artist Sharda Sinha, contemporary Indian artist Laxman Pai and former Ambassador of Russia to India Alexander Kadakin (posthumously), were also presented with the Padma Bhushan, the country's third-highest civilian award after Bharat Ratna and Padma Vibhushan.
The President presented five Padma Bhushan and 38 Padma Shri awards at the civil investiture ceremony held at the Durbar Hall of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Following is the list of Padma Shri winners:
- Veteran actor Manoj Joshi.
- Dasmodar Ganesh Bapat, who is working towards eradication of leprosy.
- L Subadani Devi, Manipur-based weaver.
- Karanataka-based Sufi bhajan singer Ibrahim Nabisaheb Sutar.
- Wildlife conservationist Romulus Whitaker and Mizoram's educationist A Zakia.
- Phillipines' Jose Ma Joey Concepcion for his contribution in trade and industry.
- Malaysia's Datuk Ramli Ibrahim (Art-dance).
- Bounlap Keokangna of Laos (for architecture).
- Cambodia's Hun Many (public affairs).
- Japan's Prof Tomio Mizokami (literature and education).
- Myanmar's Thant Myint -U (public affairs).
- Indonesia's Bapak Nyoman Nuarta (art-sculpture).
- Brunei Darussalam's Malai Haji Abdullah Bin Haji Malai (for social work).
- Tajikistan's Prof Habibullo Rajabov (literature and education).
- Nepal's Sanduk Ruit (medicine-oncology).
- Vietnam's Nguyen Tien Thien (for spiritualism).
- Prof Bhagirath Prasad Tripathi (for literature and education).
- Vikram Chandra Thakur (science and engineering).
- Pankaj Manubhai Shah (medicine-oncology).
- Prof Chandra Sekhar Rath (posthunous) for contribution in literature and education.
- MR Rajagopal (medicine-pallative care).
- Bhabani Charan Pattanaik (public affairs).
- Keshavrao Sadashiv Shastri Musalgaonkar (literature and education).
- Gujarat's Zaverilal Dalpatram Mehta (journalism).
- Vijaylakshmi Navneet Krishnan (folk music).
- Prafulla Govinda Baruah (journalism).
(With PTI inputs)