close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

  • 542/542 TARGET 272
  • BJP+

    354BJP+

  • CONG+

    90CONG+

  • OTH

    98OTH

Dhaurahra Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Dhaurahra Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Dhaurahra Lok Sabha constituency of Uttar Pradesh: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Dhaurahra Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh. This constituency is reserved for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes. 

Dhaurahra registered 64.23 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 3.81 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1644156 while the total voter turnout is 1055977. While in 2014, the constituency registered 68.04 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1557617 while the total voter's turnout was 1059854.

Arshad Iliyas Siddiqui of Bahujan Samaj Party, Kunwar Jitin Prasada of Indian National Congress, Rekha Verma of Bharatiya Janata Party and Mukesh Kumar of Shivsena are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Dhaurahra Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

The Dhaurahra Lok Sabha Constituency has a total of five assembly segments - Dhaurahra, Hargaon, Kasta, Maholi and Mohammdi. 

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Dhaurahra Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.

Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 ARSHAD ILIYAS SIDDIQUI Bahujan Samaj Party
2 KUNWAR JITIN PRASADA Indian National Congress
3 REKHA VERMA Bharatiya Janata Party
4 ANIL KUMAR ' RAJVANSHI' Bahujan Awam Party
5 BALJEET KAUR Hindusthan Nirman Dal
6 MALKHAN SINGH RAJPOOT Pragatishil Samajwadi Party (Lohia)
7 MUKESH KUMAR Shivsena
8 REETU VERMA 'DIDI' Independent

Also read: Dhaurahra Lok Sabha constituency

The election here was conducted on May 6, 2019, as per the Phase V schedule announced by the Election Commission. The results would be declared on May 23.

Rekha Verma of BJP is the sitting Member of Parliament from this constituency. In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Verma received 3,60,357 votes and defeated Daud Amhad of Samajwadi Party by 2,34,682 votes.