Guntur is one of 25 Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh. It is widely regarded as the educational hub of the state and is also one of the most populated of all Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh.
Guntur registered 78.55 percent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.37 percent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1704431 while 1338840 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 79.92 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1459944 while 1166852 voted.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Jayadev Galla||Telugu Desam|
|2||Jayaprakash Narayana Valluru||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||Shaik Jaleel||Navarang Congress Party|
|4||Modugula Venugopala Reddy||Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party|
|5||Shaik Mastanvali||Indian National Congress|
|6||Araveti Hazarath Rao||Pyramid Party of India|
|7||Ullagi David Jayakumar||Hardam Manavtawadi Rashtriya Dal|
|8||Jeldi Raja Mohan||All India Praja Party|
|9||Nagaraju Ekula||Republican Party of India (A)|
|10||Bonaboyina Srinivasa Rao||Janasena Party|
|11||Mannava Hariprasad||Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star|
|12||Ramarao Simhadri||Praja Shanthi Party|
|13||Jacob Vidyasagar Nakka||Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi|
|14||Sarabandi Raju Sikhinam||Indian Labour Party (Ambedkar Phule)|
|15||Samudrala Chinna Kotaiah||National Dalitha Dhal Party|
|16||Umar Basha Shaik||Independent|
|17||Dasari Kiran Babu||Independent|
|18||Doppalapudi Veera Das||Independent|
|19||Yanamadala Venkata Suresh||Independent|
|20||Modugula Madhavi Krishna||Independent|
Guntur has been a bitter battleground for the Congress and the TDP with both parties putting in all their might for electoral wins here. Fortune has favoured both parties almost equally since 1991. While Rayapati Sambasiva has been a figure of prominence for the Congress here - winning numerous elections, the TDP managed to romp home to a win in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The polling was done in the first phase on April 11, 2019 and the result will be out on May 23, 2019.
Whether TDP can manage to script an encore or will YSRCP cross the finish line first this year would depend on over 15 lakh electors here in Guntur.