The counting of votes for all 25 Lok Sabha election 2019 seats in Rajasthan began at 8 am on Thursday. The main battle is between the Congress and BJP in the state for the Lok Sabha election 2019. Exit polls show an advantage for the BJP in the 25 Lok Sabha seats in Rajasthan, despite the Congress winning the Assembly polls last year.
Voting for the all 25 seats took place in two phases – on April 29 (fourth phase) and May 6 (fifth phase). The state witnessed a total of 66.07 per cent polling with 3,22,53,046 persons (out of 4,88,19,246 registered voters) casting their votes. Ganganagar (SC) constituency recorded the highest voter turnout of 74.39 per cent, followed by Barmer with 73.12 per cent and Banswara (ST) with 72.81 per cent.
Here are the latest trends of the Lok Sabha election result from Rajasthan:
* In the Bikaner seat, Union minister Arjun Ram Meghwal is leading by more than 2.60 lakh votes over his cousin and former IPS officer Madan Gopal Meghwal.
* Dushyant Singh, the son of former chief minister Vasundhara Raje, is leading by over 4.30 lakh votes and is all set to get elected for the fourth time from Jhalawar seat. The Congress had fielded Pramod Sharma, who had joined the party from the BJP.
* The BJP has won one seat in the state and has maintained a comfortable lead in 23 out of 25 seats. BJP ally Rashtriya Loktantrik Party also ahead in the other seat.
* BJP's Dr Manoj Rajoria wins from Karauli-Dholpur seat
* "Together we grow, together we prosper, together we will build strong and inclusive India. India wins yet again: PM on poll results," tweets PM Modi
* BJP candidate Swami Sumedhanand wins with a margin of 2,51,909 votes against Congress' Subhash Maharia from Sikar.
* "The BJP under the leadership of its president Amit Shah and PM Modi has reached new heights. I would like to thank the voters of Rajasthan," says former Rajasthan chief minister and senior BJP leader Vasundhara Raje at state BJP headquarters here.
* BJP candidate from Bhilwara parliamentary seat Subhash Baheria leading by 610920 votes over his nearest rival of Congress: EC trends.
* BJP's Rajyavardhan Rathore wins from Jaipur Rural.
* "Once again people have reposed their confidence in BJP and Modi in a big way. The trends indicate unambiguously that grammar of politics is under transformation," says BJP's vice president Vinay Sahasrabudhe.
* The Parliamentary Board of BJP will meet today evening. PM Modi is likely to address the party workers here at 5.30 pm.
* Lok Sabha Election Results 2019: Woke up to ModiAaRahaHai, tweets Rajyavardhan Rathore
* "There's no alternative to this new politics. The entire credit goes to team captain," says BJP's Rajyavardhan Rathore. He is leading from Jaipur Rural.
* BJP has allied with Hanuman Beniwal's Rashtriya Loktantrik Party (RLP) in a bid to woo the Jat community in the state. Beniwal is leading from Nagaur.
* Bharatiya Janata Party leading on 24 seats, Rashtriya Loktantrik Party on one.
* According to trends at 9.30 am:
Ajmer: BJP, Alwar: BJP, Banswara: BJP, Barmer: BJP, Bharatpur: Congress, Bhilwara: BJP, Bikaner: BJP, Chittorgarh: BJP, Churu: BJP, Dausa: BJP, Ganganagar: BJP, Jaipur: BJP, Jaipur Rural: BJP, Jalore: BJP, Jhalawar-baran: BJP, Jhunjhunu: BJP, Jodhpur: BJP, Karauli-dholpur: BJP, Kota: BJP, Nagaur: Rashtriya Loktantrik Party, Pali: BJP, Rajsamand: BJP, Sikar: BJP, Tonk-sawai Madhopur: BJP, Udaipur: BJP,
* Official EC trends show BJP leading from 3 seats.
* BJP's Rajyavardhan Rathore leading from Jaipur Rural. He's pitted against Congress candidate Krishna Poonia.
* BJP now leading on 16 seats, Congress on one
* Early trends show BJP leading in 17 seats, Congress on one
* Congress takes early lead, ahead in one seat in Rajasthan