New Delhi: Opening a new chapter in the history of the Indian Railways, India's fastest train - Gatimaan Express - is all set to run between Delhi and Agra from Tuesday.
Here are few things to know about the India's fastest train:-
- Gatimaan Express will run at a speed of 160 km per hour
- The train will complete the 210-km journey in just around 100 minutes
- The train has 12 AC coaches, hostesses in each compartment, free wi-fi facility, automatic doors, and several other facilities to offer a comfortable train journey in specially designed coaches.
- The inaugural run of Gatiman Express from Hazrat Nizammuddin, Delhi, to Agra Cantt. is scheduled for April 5
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu will inaugurate the train at 10 a.m. by remote from his office
- Train's scheduled will be changed, making it to leave Nizammuddin railway station at 8.10 a.m. and reach Agra Cantt. at 9.50 a.m
- It will run six days a week except Friday, when the Taj Mahal is closed.
The train's fare will be more than Shatabadi Express.