Davangere is one of the 28 Lok Sabha constituencies in Karnataka. Voting for Lok Sabha election in Karnataka was held in two phases on April 18 and April 23. Davangere went to polls on April 23 and counting will be held on May 23.
Davangere registered 73.03 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of -0.19 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1632466 while the total voter turnout is 1192162. While in 2014, the constituency registered 73.22 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1522338 while the total voter's turnout was 1114602.
HB Manjappa of Indian National Congress, Siddappa BH of Bahujan Samaj Party and GM Siddeshwar of Bharatiya Janata Party are a few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Davangere Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.
Davangere parliamentary constituency comprises of eight assembly segments namely Jagalur, Harapanahalli, Harihar, Davanagere North, Davanagere South, Mayakonda, Channagiri and Honnali.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||H B MANJAPPA||Indian National Congress|
|2||SIDDAPPA B H||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|3||G M SIDDESHWAR||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|5||GANESHA B A||Uttama Prajaakeeya Party|
|6||MADHU THOGALERI||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|7||RAVINDRA NAVALE||Indian Labour Party (Ambedkar Phule)|
|8||S K AFZALKHAN||Independent|
|9||ABDUL NAZEER SAB||Independent|
|11||ALUR M G SWAMY||Independent|
|12||V IQBAL AHEMAD||Independent|
|13||B V TIPPESWAMY GOSHALE||Independent|
|14||A T DADAKHALANDAR||Independent|
|18||C M MANJUNATHA SWAMI||Independent|
|20||M B VEERABHADRAPPA||Independent|
|21||SHASHIKUMAR R N||Independent|
|22||Dr|| SRIDHARA UDUPA||Independent|
|23||S S SUBHAN KHAN||Independent|
|24||SYED. ZABIULLA K||Independent|
In 2014 Lok Sabha election, Bharatiya Janata Party leader GM Siddeshwara had won the seat by a narrow margin of 17607 votes. GM Siddeshwara bagged 518894 votes while his nearest rival from Congress Mallikarjun secured 501287 votes.