Asansol Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 42 parliamentary constituencies of the state of West Bengal in India.
Asansol registered 76.62 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.16
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1614917 while the total voter turnout is 1237359. While in 2014, the constituency registered 77.78 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1468840 while the total voter's turnout was 1142459.
Gouranga Chatterjee of Communist Party of India (Marxist), Babul Supriya Baral of Bharatiya Janata Party, Biswarup Mondal of Indian National Congress, Sreemati (Moon Moon) Dev Varma (Sen) of All India Trinamool Congress, Sandip Sarkar of Bahujan Samaj Party and Abhishek Kumar Singh of Shivsena are few prominent candidates contesting for general elections 2019 from Asansol Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Asansol Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||GOURANGA CHATTERJEE||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|2||BABUL SUPRIYA BARAL||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||BISWARUP MONDAL||Indian National Congress|
|4||SREEMATI (MOON MOON) DEV VARMA (SEN)||All India Trinamool Congress|
|5||SANDIP SARKAR||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|6||ABHISHEK KUMAR SINGH||Shivsena|
|7||AMARNATH CHOWDHURY||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|8||MD. ZAHIR ALAM||Bahujan Mukti Party|
The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29. The results would be declared on May 23.
Asansol is composed of the following assembly segments — Pandaveswar, Raniganj, Jamuria, Asansol Dakshin, Asansol Uttar, Kulti and Barabani. All the seven assembly segments of Asansol are in Paschim Bardhaman district.
In 2014 Lok Sabha election, BJP for the first time tasted victory from the seat, which has once dominated by Communist Party of India(Marxist). BJP's Babul Suprio defeated Dola Sen of the Trinamool Congress and CPI(M)'s Bansa Gopal Chowdhury on the seat.