Bargarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Bargarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.
Bargarh Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 21 parliamentary constituencies of Odisha.
It was formed after the 2008 delimitation of assemblies. The Bargarh Lok Sabha Constituency covers seven Vidhan Sabha segments - Padampur, Bijepur, Bargarh, Attabira, Bhatli, Brajarajnagar.
Bargarh registered 77.72 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.81 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1594708 while 1239474 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 78.53 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1429920 while 1122884 voted.
Kousika Suna of Bahujan Samaj Party, Pradeep Kumar Debta of Indian National Congress, Prasanna Acharya of Biju Janata Dal and Suresh Pujari of Bharatiya Janata Party are some of the top candidates contesting the 2019 Lok Sabha election from the Bargarh parliamentary constituency.
The electors in the Bargarh Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. The results would be declared on May 23.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||Kousika Suna||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||Pradeep Kumar Debta||Indian National Congress|
|3||Prasanna Acharya||Biju Janata Dal|
|4||Suresh Pujari||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|6||M D Nizamuddin||Independent|
Prabhas Kumar Singh of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) is the incumbent Member of Parliament from the Bargarh parliamentary constituency. In 2014 Lok Sabha election, Prabhas Kumar Singh was elected from this seat.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Prabhas Kumar Singh bagged 383,230 votes to decimate Subash Chouhan of the BJP who bagged 372052 votes.
The Congress party candidate Sanjay Bhoi came at the third spot.
In 2009, Bhoi of the BJD had managed to bag this seat.