Darjeeling Lok Sabha Constituency is one of 42 parliamentary constituencies of the state of West Bengal. Darjeeling Lok Sabha Constituency was formed prior to the 1957 elections.
Darjeeling registered 78.71 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 1.49 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1600564 while the total voter turnout is 1259754. While in 2014, the constituency registered 80.20 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1422807 while the total voter's turnout was 1141113.
The Darjeeling Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 4) comprises of seven assembly segments, two of which are reserved for the SC category and one is reserved for the ST category.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Darjeeling Lok Sabha Constituency of West Bengal.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||AMAR SINGH RAI||All India Trinamool Congress|
|2||RAJU BISTA||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||SUDIP MANDAL||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||Sankar Malakar||Indian National Congress|
|5||SAMAN PATHAK||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|6||CHRISTOPHER GAHATRAJ||Indian Democratic Republican Front|
|7||TANMAY DUTTA||SOCIALIST UNITY CENTRE OF INDIA (COMMUNIST)|
|8||DIPAK KUMAR ROY||Kamatapur People’s Party (United)|
|9||BHARAT DONG||Gorkha Rashtriya Congress|
|10||SUNIL PANDIT||Rashtriya Janasachetan Party (R.J.P.)|
|11||HARKA BAHADUR CHHETRI||All India Jana Andolan Party|
|15||NIRODE CHANDRA ADHIKARY||Amra Bangalee|
SS Ahluwalia of the BJP is the sitting Member of Parliament from this constituency.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Ahluwalia defeated the All India Trinamool Congress candidate and noted footballer – Bhai Chung Bhutia.
Ahluwalia got 488,257 votes as compared to Bhai Chung Bhutia who got 291,018 votes.
The electors in the Darjeeling Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.
The combined results of the seven-phased Lok Sabha election 2019 will be out on May 23.