Dindigul Lok Sabha Constituency is one of Tamil Nadu’s 39 parliamentary constituencies. This constituency was formed in 1952.
Dindigul registered 75.00 percent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.36 percent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1540495 while the total voter turnout is 1155438. While in 2014, the constituency registered 77.36 percent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1398810 while the total voter's turnout was 1082059.
Arasur Manoharan (A) Manoharan, S of Bahujan Samaj Party, Velusamy, P of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and Dr S Suthakaran of Makkal Needhi Maiam are a few prominent candidates contesting general election 2019 from Dindigul Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
The Dindigul Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 22) has six legislative assembly segments, one of which is reserved for the SC category.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Dindigul Lok Sabha Constituency of Tamil Nadu.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||ARASUR MANOHARAN (A) MANOHARAN, S.||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|2||VELUSAMY, P.||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|3||SUTHAKARAN, S. Dr.||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|4||SURESH. K,||Ulzaipali Makkal Katchy|
|5||MANSOORALI KHAN, A.||Naam Tamilar Katchi|
|6||JOTHIMUTHU, K.||Pattali Makkal Katchi|
|15||NAGARAJ , M||Independent|
|17||MURUGESAN, S .P,||Independent|
The electors in the Dindigul Lok Sabha Constituency in Tamil Nadu cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.
The results would be declared on May 23.
M Udhaya Kumar of the AIADMK is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, M Udhaya Kumar managed to get 510462 votes in his favour to defeat his DMK rival S Gandhirajan who secured 382617 votes.