Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.  

Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 21 Lok Sabha constituencies of the state of Odisha. It was formed after the 2008 Presidential notification of delimitation of constituencies.

Kandhamal registered 72.88 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 0.61 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1287343 while 938196 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 73.49 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1141735 while 839075 voted.

Achyutananda Samanta of Biju Janata Dal, Amir Nayak of Bahujan Samaj Party, Manoj Kumar Acharya of Indian National Congress, Mahameghabahan Aira Kharabela Swain of Bharatiya Janata Party and Tuna Mallick of Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star are the some of the top candidates who contested the general election 2019 from the Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.

It has seven assembly segments - Baliguda (ST), G Udayagiri (ST), Phulbani (ST), Kantamal, Boudh, Daspalla (SC), Bhanjanagar - of which one is reserved for the SC category and three are reserved for the ST category. 

Odisha Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
2 Amir Nayak Bahujan Samaj Party
3 Manoj Kumar Acharya Indian National Congress
4 Mahameghabahan Aira Kharabela Swain Bharatiya Janata Party
5 TUNA MALLICK Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star

Also read: Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency

The electors in the Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election.

The results would be declared on May 23. 

Hemendra Chandra Singh of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) was the Member of Parliament from the Kandhamal parliamentary constituency till his death. In 2014 Lok Sabha election, Hemendra Chandra Singh was declared a winner from this seat. 

Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage.