Mayurbhanj Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 21 parliamentary constituencies of Odisha. This constituency was formed before the 1951 elections.
Mayurbhanj registered 77.02 per cent voter turnout in 2019, a loss of 2.23
per cent. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1490182 while the total voter turnout is 1147674. While in 2014, the constituency registered 79.25 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1326034 while the total voter's turnout was 1050919.
Dr Debashis Marndi of Biju Janata Dal, Bishweswar Tudu of Bharatiya Janata Party, Ramchandra Singh of Bahujan Samaj Party and Bharat Chandra Singh of Bahujan Mukti Party are a few noted candidates for general election 2019 from the Mayurbhanj Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.
The Mayurbhanj Parliamentary Constituency is reserved for the ST category. It is composed of nine assembly segments - Jashipur (ST), Saraskana ( ST ), Rairangpur (ST), Bangriposi (ST), Udala (ST), Baripada (ST) and Morada.
Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Mayurbhanj Lok Sabha Constituency of Odisha.
|SL. NO.||Candidate Name||Party Name|
|1||DR DEBASHIS MARNDI||Biju Janata Dal|
|2||BISHWESWAR TUDU||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|3||RAMCHANDRA SINGH||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|4||ANJANI SOREN||Jharkhand Mukti Morcha|
|5||BHARAT CHANDRA SINGH||Bahujan Mukti Party|
|6||NANDA KISHORE KISKU||Independent|
|8||RABINDRA NATH SINGH||Independent|
The voting for the parliamentary polls 2019 on this seat took place in the fourth phase on April 29. The results will be declared on May 23.
Rama Chandra Hansdah of BJD is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.
In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Hansdah got 393779 votes and defeated Nepole Raghu Murmu of the BJP.