close

News WrapGet Handpicked Stories from our editors directly to your mailbox

Osmanabad Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates

Here is the full list of candidates contesting the Lok Sabha election in 2019 from Osmanabad Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra. 

Osmanabad Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharashtra: Full list of candidates, polling dates
File Photo

Osmanabad Lok Sabha Constituency is one of the 48 parliamentary constituencies of the state of Maharashtra. The Osmanabad Parliamentary constituency (constituency number 40) was formed prior to the 1957 elections. 

Osmanabad registered 63.42 per cent voter turnout in Lok Sabha Election 2019, a loss of 1.45 per cent from 2014. The total number of electors in the constituency is 1886238 while 1196223 came out to exercise their franchise. While in 2014, the constituency registered 64.87 per cent voter turnout. The total number of electors in the constituency was 1720478 while 1115995 voted.

Omprakash Bhupalsinh alias Pawan Rajenimbalkar of Shivsena, Ranajagjitsinha Padmasinha Patil of Nationalist Congress Party and Dr Shivaji Pandharinath Oman of Bahujan Samaj Party are the some of the prominent candidates who contested from here. 

This constituency has one SC reserved Vidhan Sabha segment and five Vidhan Sabha segments for the General category. 

Maharashtra Lok Sabha constituencies: All you need to know

SL. NO. Candidate Name Party Name
1 OMPRAKASH BHUPALSINH ALIAS PAWAN RAJENIMBALKAR Shivsena
2 RANAJAGJITSINHA PADMASINHA PATIL Nationalist Congress Party
3 DR. SHIVAJI PANDHARINATH OMAN Bahujan Samaj Party
4 NAVNATH DASHRATH UPALEKAR Independent
5 ARJUN (Dada) SALGAR Vanchit Bahujan Aaghadi
6 ANNASAHEB RAMCHANDRA RATHOD Bhartiya Bahujan Kranti Dal
7 DEEPAK MAHADEV TATE Bhapase Party
8 PHULSURE VISHWANATH SADASHIV Kranti Kari Jai Hind Sena
9 Aryanraje Kisanrao Shinde Independent
10 GORE NETAJI NAGNATHRAO Independent
11 JAGANNATH NIVRUTTI MUNDE Independent
12 TUKARAM DASRAO GANGAWANE Independent
13 DR.VASANT RAGHUNATH MUNDE Independent
14 SHANKAR PANDURANG GAIKWAD Independent
15 SAYYAD SULTAN LADKHAN Independent
16 KAKASAHEB BABURAO RATHOD Independent
17 ANNASAHEB RAMCHANDRA RATHOD Independent

Also read: Osmanabad Lok Sabha Constituency

Gaikwad Ravindra Vishwanath is the incumbent Member of Parliament from this constituency.

Stakes are high for the Shiv Sena and the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) in Osmanabad Lok Sabha seat in Maharashtra in the 2019 Lok Sabha election. 

Denying ticket to its sitting lawmaker, the Shiv Sena has fielded Omraje Nimbalkar. The NCP nominated former state minister Ranajagjitsinha Patil. 

The electors in the Osmanabad Lok Sabha Constituency will cast their votes on April 18 in the second phase of 2019 Lok Sabha election. 

The results would be declared on May 23.