Police had recorded Saritha`s statement on video: CPM leader
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) leader M Vijayakumar on Thursday claimed police had recorded on video solar panel scam prime accused Saritha Nair`s statement, in which she had referred names of many top government officials.
Nair`s statement was both recorded on video and noted down by police on June 23 when she was questioned by Special Investigation Team (SIT) at Chengannoor, Vijayakumar told reporters here.
"The Home Ministry is hiding the statement and police has not included it in their case diary. It is based on a secret agreement between the Home Minister and Chief Minister. Police and Home Ministry should reveal the truth immediately," he said.
Vijayakumar also alleged the government was trying to sabotage the case by trivialising it as a financial fraud.
"I strongly demand that it should be brought under the anti-corruption law. The case should be probed by a judicial panel under the guidance of the High Court," he said.
The solar scam pertains to financial cheating of a large number of people by Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan. It took a political turn after the arrest of a close personal aide of Chief Minister Oomen Chandy for his alleged links with the fraudsters.
Two other personal staff members of Chandy were removed and state Public Relations Director A Firoz was also arrested in a related case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday