President Mukherjee was in Bengaluru over the weekend for the inauguration of the Green Line of Namma Metro.
Bengaluru on Saturday became the second city after Delhi to have a full-fledged Metro network in all the four directions, with President Pranab Mukherjee dedicating the last section of the first phase to the nation.
The Phase 1, called the Namma Metro, was delayed for more than six years due to various reasons.
Today's session of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly was reportedly called off as ruling Congress MLAs rushed to attend a crucial meet called by AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi who had come here to re-launch the 'National Herald' newspaper, which was founded by former prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru.
The Congress Party will relaunch the National Herald newspaper here on Monday, which was founded by former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
The dawn-to-dusk bandh in Karnataka has been called by 'Kannada Okoota', an umbrella organisation of Kannada bodies.
The Lalbagh Botanical Garden will offer another marvel to visiting tourists.
There seems to be no end in sight to crimes against women.
V Nagaraj, popularly known as "Bomb Naga", is alleged to have been involved in converting black money into white by exchanging old currency notes since they were banned on November 8.
Expressing happiness over the recent victory in the state bypolls, Karnataka Chief Minister K. Siddaramaiah on Thursday defended his government from the ongoing Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) controversy in the country and said the voting machines were not tampered in these two by-polls.
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam leader VK Sasikala, who is serving a four-year jail term in central prison Parappana Agahara after being convicted in a disproportionate assets case, has met visitors 12 times in a month in blatant violation of rules.
It seems some other states too are welcoming the step of crackdown on illegal meat shops and slaughterhouses taken by the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government.
It is said to dream big, as one never know when it will come true. But Akash Jain, the young Bengaluru-based entrepreneur won't have ever dreamt that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who hardly follows 1,700 people across the world, would become one of his followers on Twitter.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lawmaker in Karnataka preferred a village cowshed over a five-star hotel for his accommodation at Mysuru.
We must tell you that you have to take a note of zig-zag lines and yellow boxes else you may be penalised!
While backing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath remark on anti-Romeo squads, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday said that the former's remark was very significant and it clarified that innocent people would not be troubled with this initiative.
The students of Maharani Arts, Commerce and Management College for Women are scared of a young psychopath who jumps through the hostel walls, steals their innerwears and flees.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has written to his Karnataka counterpart Siddaramaiah requesting his personal intervention in punishing the culprit who assaulted an Arunachalee student in Bengaluru recently.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor P.B. Acharya and Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Thursday shot off letters to their Karnataka counterparts seeking legal action against the landlord for assaulting Higio Gungtey, an undergraduate student.
A shocking incident has been reported from Karnataka's Mangalore.
A BJP councillor was allegedly hacked to death in the city's southern suburb by unidentified assailants early on Tuesday, police said.
Higio Tama, who was allegedly beaten and forced to lick his house owner's shoes on March 6, today filed an FIR and stated that the police should take strict action for this inhuman act.
Muslim girl Suhana Sayed from Karnataka's Shimoga district was abused and threatened on various social media platforms for taking part in a Kannada singing reality show and singing a Hindu devotional song.
The Karnataka Police recently arrested four people from the Ramanagaram district in connection with the murder of a 10-year-old girl, who was sacrificed in a black magic ritual to cure her ailing uncle.
It's a big win for Bengaluru citizens as controversial Bengaluru steel flyover project has been cancelled.
Replying to an RTI query by a Chennai-based lawyer, the DIG (Prisons), Central Prison at Parappana Agrahara, on Wednesday said,"Except for a television set, other facilities were not allowed to AIADMK General Secretary V K Sasikala."
The famous IT city has been shamed yet again.
The Environment ministry has ordered an enquiry into the incident of fire that had broken out in the garbage strewn around Bellandur lake in Bengaluru.
The Bellandur lake is the largest of the 262 lakes and tanks in Bengaluru.
Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK general secretary VK Sasikala, who was lodged in Bengaluru Jail following her conviction in the disproportionate assets case by the Supreme Court, spent her first night as an ordinary prisoner in her prison cell.
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE