The cause of the fire is yet to be determined.
"I am infinitely sad that it didn't work out," Reuters quoted Hofer as saying in a Facebook post after the polls ended.
Aziz was also not allowed to speak to Pakistani mediapersons at the Radisson Blue hotel where he was staying, PTI reported citing government sources.
The municipal council head and two local journalists were also killed on Saturday night in the town of Imatra by a man who was swiftly arrested, SST news agency said.
Cuba opens a new era without the communist leader who ruled the island for decades.
Russia began a military intervention in support of President Bashar al-Assad in September 2015, saying it was carrying out strikes against "terrorists".
president-elect Donald Trump's telephonic conversation with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in which he described him as a “fantastic leader”.
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is expected to visit United States in January next year for the oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Donald Trump, a media reports said on Sunday.
The blast destroyed many civilian cars and caused damages to several buildings in the vicinity, said police source.
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has called the referendum which is being closely watched for further signs of anti-establishment sentiment in Europe.
The death toll from a coal mine blast in China's Mongolia region has risen to 32.
In a major announcement on Saturday, Cuban President Raul Castro has said that the name and figure of Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro will not be used for public places, streets or plazas nor will monuments, busts or statues be made in his memory as per his wishes.
Currently, the troop size is 2.3 million soldiers.
Museums in Iraq, Roman-era temples in Syria and ancient stucco buildings in medieval Yemeni ports have been spoiled by wars.
"President elect Trump emphasised that the US will continue to remain with the government and people of Afghanistan during his term," the statement said.
Citing the Turkish military, the Reuters reported that the PKK fighters had crossed into Turkey from northern Iraq and tried to attack the military bases.
At least 20 houses of Hindus were set on fire in Bochaganj upazila of Dinajpur in Bangladesh early Saturday.
At least 24 people were killed in an attack by the Islamic State (ISIS) militant group in the Iraqi city of Mosul on Saturday.
The Syrian army continued to advance seizing Tariq al-Bab neighbourhood of Aleppo from rebels as they press an offensive to recapture all of the city, a monitor said on Saturday.
Donald Trump becomes the first US president or president-elect to speak with a Taiwanese leader since at least 1979.
The US National Defence Authorisation Act, or NDAA, for the fiscal year 2017 was passed by the House of Representatives yesterday.
Pakistan has decided to send an envoy to the United States to hold a meeting with Donald Trump's transition team.
United States President-elect Donald Trump spoke by phone on Friday with President Tsai Ing-wen of Taiwan on Friday, a striking break with nearly four decades of diplomatic practice that could precipitate a major rift with China even before he takes office.
Terrorist groups like Islamic State are adopting new tactics to attack the West.
Trump's transition team described the decision to release the conversation to the media as “entirely inappropriate” and “breach of diplomatic protocol”.
According to Reuters, the blacklisted companies include Air Koryo, North Korea's national carrier as well as six financial services companies.
Tehran said it will retaliate against the US Senate's vote to extend the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA) for 10 years, Reuters reported.
Xi made the remarks during his meeting with former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger on Friday.
People at the venue were shell-shocked over the unfolding event.
This flattering conversation of Donald Trump sends a wrong message to India and also implies that he is unaware of the prevailing issues between India and Pakistan.
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference? - Part II
- PM Narendra Modi officially inaugurates Heart of Asia Summit in Amritsar
- National level woman shooter alleges rape by coach
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- DNA: Analysis of cross border cyber attack on Indian online accounts
- Many trains running late due to intense fog in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to grow further after achieving success
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Yuvraj Singh’s post-marriage selfie with wife Hazel Keech is funny – See PIC
- 20 houses of Hindus set on fire in Bangladesh
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- India vs England: Trouble brewing in Indian camp ahead of Mumbai Test
- Donald Trump's phone calls to Pakistan's PM and Taiwan's President `upset diplomacy`
- Ahead of 'Heart of Asia' conference, PM Narendra Modi visits Golden Temple, serves 'langar'