Robert Pious, convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, said he has lost purpose in life and wants euthanasia.
Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker P. Dhanapal on Monday ruled that the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) Compact Disc (CD) submitted to raise the issue of alleged horse-trading of some All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) MLA's, was only a TV channel's video footage with no evidential value.
The bypoll slated for April 12 was cancelled subsequently following allegations of large-scale distribution of money to voters, entailing raids by the tax authorities.
At a time when Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK is witnessing a bitter struggle for power between the O Panneerselvam and Edappadi Palaniswami led camps, one of its MLAs today said that the late former general secretary, J Jayalalithaa, was actually an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leader MK Stalin raised the issue of the 'Cash for Vote' MLA sting in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Thursday for the second consecutive day.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leader MK Stalin and several other MLAs of his party were evicted from Tamil Nadu assembly following a ruckus over an alleged 'cash for vote' sting operation on Wednesday.
The action has been taken under the provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA), the ED said.
Jayakumar, a senior leader of the AIADMK Amma faction, said their stand remained the same, which is to hold talks and merge the two groups.
Yechury, General Secretary of CPI(M), met research scholar R Sooraj at a private hospital where he is undergoing treatment, the party said in a release.
The Tamil Nadu Police has declared the area as unsafe and cordoned off the busy T. Nagar locality which in turn has affected the business of other organisations for a second day.
Ilayaraja Arunachalam hailed from Tiruvannamalai district.
Pro-Left student bodies today staged a protest outside the IIT Madras here condemning the attack on a PhD scholar for taking part in a beef fest in the campus opposing the Centre's ban on sale of cattle for slaughter.
Tamil Nadu's main opposition party DMK on Wednesday led a march to protest against the Centre's recent order banning the slaughter of cattle and their sale.
Karunanidhi will celebrate his 94th birthday and 60th year as a legislator this Saturday.
Palaniswami launched the work by removing silt, the first ever such exercise in the 83-year old history of the reservoir across the Cauvery river, using a spade.
Apparently sidelined in his own party, BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha has now offered to help Tamil superstar Rajinikanth's foray into politics.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday and is understood to have discussed the political situation in the state in the wake of the split in the AIADMK following Jayalalithaa`s death.
Amid suspense over Tamil superstar Rajinikanth's future political move, BJP chief Amit Shah has said that his party's doors are open to all good persons who intend to join the saffron party.
Following the protest by Thamizhar Munetra Padai (TMP) against Rajinikanth's probable entry in politics, many supporters of the superstar took to the streets in Washermanpet to support him.
The activists of pro-Tamil outfits such as 'May 17 Movement' and Tamizhaga Vazhvurimai Katchi (TVK) were detained, police said.
"The major achievements of the government will be highlighted during the rallies, in which top National and State level party leaders and union ministers will participate," she told reporters here.
The three-day transport strike in Tamil Nadu by 10 unions was withdrawn on Tuesday night following an agreement reached on various issues in talks between them and the government.
On Tuesday, the CBI had raided the residences of former Union Minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti Chidambaram.
The unions linked to opposition DMK and the Left parties resorted to the strike amid some reports of shattering of the window panes of buses and assaulting of a driver in Tiruchirappalli allegedly by employees favouring the strikes.
The Guinness had made the announcement on its website.
Calcutta High Court Justice CS Karnan, sentenced to jail for six months by the Supreme Court, was not at the state guest house here where he checked in on Tuesday and is expected to go to the temple town of Srikalahasti in Andhra Pradesh, officials said.
Four persons, including two minors, were suffocated to death due to fumes in an apartment fire here on Monday, police said.
A hawala operator from old Delhi was arrested here on Friday in connection with TTV Dhinakaran's bribery case, police said.
Sasikala's nephew TTV Dinakaran has finally accepted meeting the middleman in the AIADMK symbol case but denied paying him any money.
A security guard deployed at former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's sprawling estate in Tamil Nadu's Nilgiris district has been found dead, said reports on Monday.
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE