Timol, a 30-year-old activist with the then-banned South African Communist Party (SACP), was arrested in Johannesburg on the night of October 22, 1971.
A secret ballot is seen by Zuma`s critics as emboldening lawmakers from his own party to support his ouster by shielding them from pressure.
"The speaker of the National Assembly has constitutional power to prescribe that voting in a motion of no-confidence in the President of the Republic of South Africa be conducted by secret ballot," the chief justice said.
Family planning efforts have lapsed over the past decade, particularly during the chaotic years following the 2011 uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak.
A court has sentenced the man to two years in prison after charging him with endangering the baby's safety.
Five people have been killed in a landmine explosion and a roadside ambush in northeast Nigeria blamed on Boko Haram.
The death toll from clashes in Central African Republic has surged to around 100.
The ruling came a week after Egypt's parliament backed plans to hand over two uninhabited Red Sea islands to Saudi Arabia under an accord that has attracted widespread public criticism.
Data from the European Forest Fire Information System showed that an area of more than 30,000 hectares had burned in the past seven days, making it the largest ever fire in Portugal.
The UN's MONUSCO peacekeeping mission had previously spoken of "more than 400 dead" while about 1.3 million people are estimated to have fled their homes in the Kasai provinces.
More than 10 persons died, 20 others were wounded. The explosion destroyed the building of Wadajir District headquarters.
Augustin Ngirabatware was convicted for his role in Rwanda`s 1994 genocide in which an estimated 800,000 people were killed.
On November 29, 2015, terrorists attacked the Radisson Blu Hotel also in the capital killing 20.
Security has gradually worsened in Mali since French forces pushed back allied Islamist and Tuareg rebel fighters in 2013 from swathes of the north they had occupied the previous year.
More than 100,000 hectares of the country`s mainland was devastated by a series of fires last year.
The government declared three days of mourning and sent two army battalions to help the emergency services.
The ruling is set to be sent to the Egyptian Mufti, an Islamic scholar and legal expert, although his opinion is non-binding.
MINUSMA began operations in 2013, providing security to and assisting Malian troops in a region which fell to jihadist groups linked to Al-Qaeda in March 2012.
No connection has been found between three Palestinians who carried out a fatal attack in Jerusalem on Friday and any organisation, Israeli police said on Saturday, after Islamic State had claimed the assault.
Police say nearly 40 people were wounded in the assault that began when a car bomb exploded outside the Pizza House restaurant in Mogadishu.
Several people were killed in a crash of a train operated by a subsidiary of French industrial group Bollore in Benin.
Two teenagers were rescued from the catacombs beneath Paris on Wednesday after getting lost in the pitch-black tunnels of the underground burial ground for three days.
Hundreds of people suffer from water-borne diseases every year across Sudan given the lack of access to clean drinking water.
Kenya has faced a constant security challenge from across the border ever since it sent its troops into Somalia in late 2011, to help defeat the al Shabaab militants and restore order.
Over the years, Gaza`s Hamas rulers have built a labyrinth of tunnels, some passing under the border into Israel which they used to launch attacks during their last conflict in 2014.
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE