Addressing a public gathering on a cleanliness drive in Jamhore village of the Aurangabad district in Bihar, Kanwal Tanuj the District Magistrate stoked a controversy after saying that those men who cannot build a toilet for their wives, should sell them.
The 85-year-old had served as the space organisation's head from 1984-1994 .
State In Depth
- Real estate sector's credibility at stake, govt will be forced to take harsh decisions: UP CM
- Flood alert in six Odisha districts as IMD predicts heavy rain
- More shelling by Pak to boost LeT's 'Year of Kashmir' campaign
- Dangerous swimming! These boys perform daredevil dives - This video has over 46 lakh views: Watch
- MP youth forced to eat excreta for 'harassing' girl
- Batch of 1002 pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
"I strongly feel that I should not remain in the party at the cost of my dignity and self-respect," Vaghela wrote in the letter.
Iraq Foreign Minister Dr Ibrahim al-Jaafari arrived in New Delhi on Monday morning for a five-day visit to India. Dr. Ibrahim will meet External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj at the Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan to hold discussion on the entire gamut of bilateral relations between both the countries, as well as regional and international issues of mutual interest. He will be accompanied by a senior-level official delegation.
The farewell function by Parliamentarians for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee in the Central Hall of Parliament was marked by bonhomie among leaders of various parties.
The department said more than half of the terrorist attacks in India in 2016 took place in four states: Jammu and Kashmir at 19 per cent, Chhattisgarh at 18 per cent, Manipur at 12 per cent, and Jharkhand at 10 per cent.
Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan on Sunday called outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee a 'guru'.
The month of July has seen greater ceasefire violations, which resulted in killings of 11 people, including nine soldiers and injuries to 16 others besides dislocation of thousands of people from the border areas of the state.
The repeated skirmishes saw over 4,000 villagers from near borders to government camps at safer places in the district.
10 Rajaji Road, the new abode of outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee, is all ready to welcome its newest resident.
Members of Parliament on Sunday bid adieu to outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee at a gala ceremony in the Central Hall of Parliament.
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor has said that he was more anxious than anyone else to know the truth behind his wife Sunanda Pushkar's death.
Al-Jaafari's visit from July 24 to July 28 to India comes two weeks after Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announced liberation of Mosul.
BJP president Amit Shah on Sunday had lunch with a Dalit family here on the last day of his three- day visit to Rajasthan. After rounds of meeting in the party office, Shah left for Sushilpura where he had lunch at the house of BJP Yuva Morcha member Ramesh Pacharia amid tight security arrangements.
In a major success, the Uttar Pradesh police arrested four men after an encounter in Greater Noida today, in connection with the brutal Jewar gang-rape and murder case.
Addressing 'Kargil Parakram Parade' here, National Democratic Alliance (NDA) Vice-Presidential nominee M. Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday hit out at Pakistan-sponsored terrorism and asked Islamabad to recall the 1971 war saying aiding and abetting terror will not help them.
With delays in import of critical equipment severely affecting its combat readiness, the Army has decided to fast-track indigenisation of key components and spares for battle tanks and other military systems.
The new abode of outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee, 10 Rajaji Road, is all set to welcome its newest resident. The eight-room, two-storey villa quite a change from the 340-room Rashtrapati Bhavan is no stranger to former Presidents, having previously hosted A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
The New Catering policy, which was issued on 27 February, also states that IRCTC is responsible for all issues pertaining to setting up and operation of kitchen units and quality of food.
With Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar meeting Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi yesterday, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday downplayed the rendezvous saying no amount of meeting can help counter the 'Modi wave' sweeping the nation.
The Central Government yesterday scrapped Yadav and his wife Rabri Devi's direct access to Patna Airport tarmac.
Similarly between April 1, 2014 to February 28 this year, the IT department conducted more than 15,000 surveys which led to "the detection of undisclosed income of more than Rs 33,000 crore".
- 'Sell your wives, if you can't build toilets', Bihar's Aurangabad DM stokes controversy
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, passes away
- Shankersinh Vaghela quits as Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly- Read his resignation letter to Sonia Gandhi
- Popularity tumbles for French President Emmanuel Macron: Poll
- Sushma Swaraj to meet Iraq Foreign Minister Dr Ibrahim al-Jaafari today
- Australian Cricketers` Association warns pay deal may not be struck in time for Ashes
- ICC WWC Final: After Bengal tiger, it's the turn of tigress to roar at Lord's
- How to invest in mutual funds- Must watch video
- Watch to know specifications of Reliance's cheapest smartphone
- Transport Minister: Prices of small segment cars won't be increased post GST
- FM on GST: GST rates are lesser than current Tax rates
- Money guru: Watch how will GST rates impact your pocket (Part-2)
- Money Guru: Understand how to invest through SIP to earn huge profit
- Money Guru: You need to disclose these details while e-filing IT return
- Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) Result 2017 declared; check trb.tn.nic.in
- Irfan Pathan faces backlash for posting 'unislamic' photograph of wife Safa Baig on social media
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get HRA hike in the range of 106 to 157% from next month salary, but without arrears
- Anna University Results 2017 declared; check coe1.annauniv.edu,coe2.annauniv.edu, aucoe.annauniv.edu
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- Watch: Dress rehearsal for oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
- Watch: Alarming report on 'wrong-side driving' in India
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Naresh Agarwal issues notice against media for reporting his controversial statement in Parliament
- Basirhat: International Muslim Conference scheduled for today cancelled
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Indian rifleman martyred in Pakistan's ceasefire violation in Rajouri, J&K
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to attend PM Modi's dinner for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Aapki News: 19-year-old Delhi girl helps capture mobile-snatchers
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha leaked online, Akshay Kumar appeals fans to say 'no to piracy'
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- Munna Michael movie review: Cliched and uninspiring
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Indian Army ammunition stock in critical level, will exhaust after 10 days of war: CAG report
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- International Champions Cup: Manchester United vs Real Madrid – Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time in IST
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Income Tax Filing 2017: Here is why you should check Form 26AS
- Smriti Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for taking dig at Centre, says ‘thank you’
- WATCH: MS Dhoni hits three consecutive 6s in TNPL six-hitting competition
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- President Pranab Mukherjee gets nostalgic in farewell speech, says 'I leave with tinge of sadness and rainbow of memories'